Lost high-end when activating both effects

Lost high-end when activating both effects
« on: July 31, 2021, 09:01:39 AM »
Hi everybody,

I got my P6 Desktop module yesterday and really love the sound. I have noticed a strange problem with the effects, though.

When I turn the effects section on and select *one* effect (no matter which one), everything sounds fine. But as soon as I select a *second* one, the sound loses a lot of high-end. It doesn't matter if it is the first or second effect, when two are activated, the sound loses lots of high-end.

You can test it in the init patch with "Hall" as a second effect: If you turn the effects section on, everything sounds fine. Now select an effect in the first slot, and the sound gets much darker (like turning the cutoff almost halfway down).

Is this a normal behavior or is anything wrong with my unit? By the way, I'm using firmware 1.6.7

Best regards
Gerald

synthRodriguez

• Yamaha CS-series synthesizer repair services.
Re: Lost high-end when activating both effects
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 06:12:38 PM »
Keyboard version running 1.6.7 here.

I really don't hear that happening, maybe a hair depending on the effect selected. It does happen a lot if I have the wet/dry mix cranked over like 70%. 'Where are your Mix settings?' would be my question.

Re: Lost high-end when activating both effects
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 07:12:36 AM »
Keyboard version running 1.6.7 here.

I really don't hear that happening, maybe a hair depending on the effect selected. It does happen a lot if I have the wet/dry mix cranked over like 70%. 'Where are your Mix settings?' would be my question.

It was independent of any mix settings, but fortunately disappeared after turning the unit off and on again.

The problem is that I don't know what caused this problem. I assume it could have something to do with CC messages the unit can't handle.

Interestingly, someone on Gearspace had nearly the same problem with his OB-6 - and it also disappeared after power-cycling the unit.