finally new 8dio piano packs!

pebre

finally new 8dio piano packs!
« on: July 29, 2021, 05:31:25 AM »
Hi guys, it's alive again. I just saw 2 new piano sample packs for the prophet xl on the 8dio site. Yamaha grand and estonian grand. According to the soundcloud demo's my favorite is the estonian grand. Personal of course.

Re: finally new 8dio piano packs!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 08:40:52 AM »
Finally!!!
Yes, I like the Estonia too

pebre

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 09:56:16 AM »
if you look closely to the other suggested packs then there is a 3rd pack. It's not yet in the dropdown menu. It's the 1969, steinway.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2021, 10:29:49 AM »
Excellent!!! Happy to see/hear these. Some excellent quality.

Would still like to have a bit more variety. Deep Sampled 3-manual 50-stop pipe organ or 1800s harpsichord.

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2021, 01:02:26 PM »
Put the piano pack on the usb stick but looks that PX doesn't see it....
Why?

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2021, 12:03:30 AM »
Ok, solved the problem! Downloaded Estonia  and it sounds great!
Running for the Yamaha and waiting for some other new add-on pack ;)

pebre

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2021, 03:53:51 AM »
I bought all three piano packs but only 2 are loading. The Steinway doesn't.
Don't know if it's the usb stick I use. my geosynth pack won't load either in the user area.

J_P_P

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2021, 04:59:58 AM »
I bought all three piano packs but only 2 are loading. The Steinway doesn't.
Don't know if it's the usb stick I use. my geosynth pack won't load either in the user area.

I can't see the Steinway ...only the Estonia and Yamaha

pebre

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2021, 05:36:23 AM »

J_P_P

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2021, 06:48:14 AM »
the steinway link : https://8dio.com/instrument/sequential-prophet-x-xl-add-12-1969-piano/

Thanks...it still does not appear in the Menu.

If it does not load, and appear on the menu ...maybe it's not yet working ? maybe it was not supposed to be accesible yet ?

Did you managed to Load it ?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 06:50:17 AM by J_P_P »

pebre

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2021, 11:41:27 AM »
yes, download is ok, file as well. But currently not able to install it. But i have a similar problem with geosynth sound patches in the user bank.
Think I'm going to use a new usb stick. Have the impression it's faulty.

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2021, 05:22:51 PM »
yes, download is ok, file as well. But currently not able to install it. But i have a similar problem with geosynth sound patches in the user bank.

I just downloaded and installed Mutable Synthesis's Deckard's Dream pack which he has very generously made free to all who want it. The sound samples total to about 19 GB and I found when I put the stick in to the PX and immediately tried to load them that it gave an error. Thinking that maybe the computer was still reading the stick I waited for 5 minutes and tried again. Sure enough, it loaded with no problems. Took a long time though. I think things are just slooowwww on the PX. Perhaps this is your problem too?

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

J_P_P

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2021, 06:16:10 PM »

I just downloaded and installed Mutable Synthesis's Deckard's Dream pack which he has very generously made free to all who want it. The sound samples total to about 19 GB and I found when I put the stick in to the PX and immediately tried to load them that it gave an error. Thinking that maybe the computer was still reading the stick I waited for 5 minutes and tried again. Sure enough, it loaded with no problems. Took a long time though. I think things are just slooowwww on the PX. Perhaps this is your problem too?

Keith

The 8dio sound packs are much smaller than 19gb. ...around 1gb / 1.5 Gb ...maybe.

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2021, 02:50:50 AM »
The folder structure on the Steinway seems to be wrong. It is "px/p11/p11/p11/13 Piano", while it probably should be "px/p11/13 Piano", same as the others. I changed it and it appeared to work. But I can't confirm 100% because I have some other problem (even before renaming the folder)...

I can not find the new pianos anywhere. I don't see any new presets in the A banks, and if I try to find the samples by holding "Group" and turn "Type" to select Add-on, it jumps from 9 to 32 (?!). Presumably there should have been a 10, 11 and 12.

I have tried to install them several times, using the same usb stick as I have used for their other packs. The install process seems to work until I get to a screen that says " -- Loading Add On Programs -- " with a progress bar and text that says "100 %  1   of 1". At that point the PX is frozen, and no buttons work and I have to power off the unit. I don't remember anymore, is this how it usually works?

pebre

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2021, 04:32:57 AM »
Yes the usb problem is probably related to slow loading and not finished transfering the files. Will try again. I have no problems loading the 2 other piano's, only the steinway. Probably the naming issue with the folders will solve it.

J_P_P

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2021, 06:40:19 AM »
Yes the usb problem is probably related to slow loading and not finished transfering the files. Will try again. I have no problems loading the 2 other piano's, only the steinway. Probably the naming issue with the folders will solve it.

The Steinway does not appear on the Menu...i also got an email from 8dio saying they released 2 Piano packs (not 3)...so maybt the Steinway is not quite ready and is on the site by some sort of weird mistake ?

HAve you contacted them ?

Email :

"Two New Prophet X/XL Pianos

First of all thank you for supporting 8Dio.  We realize it has been (more than) a while since we last released Prophet X/XL Add-Ons and we dearly appreciate your patience and understanding. 

The good news is we have several new releases coming up, which will breathe new life into your Prophet - both in terms of traditional solo instruments, orchestral instruments and custom instruments. 

We begin the journey with two fantastic grand pianos. A pristinely well kept Estonia Grand Piano from 1971 - and a highly expressive Yamaha C7 Grand Piano from 1985 - both with original strings, which gives them a more soulful tone character.

The two pianos were programmed and demoed to perfection by no other than Nicholas Semrad.  We highly encourage you to listen to his demos too, which are exclusively made with the programs from the two libraries.
"
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 06:42:03 AM by J_P_P »

J_P_P

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2021, 06:38:01 PM »
The folder structure on the Steinway seems to be wrong. It is "px/p11/p11/p11/13 Piano", while it probably should be "px/p11/13 Piano", same as the others. I changed it and it appeared to work. But I can't confirm 100% because I have some other problem (even before renaming the folder)...

I can not find the new pianos anywhere. I don't see any new presets in the A banks, and if I try to find the samples by holding "Group" and turn "Type" to select Add-on, it jumps from 9 to 32 (?!). Presumably there should have been a 10, 11 and 12.

I have tried to install them several times, using the same usb stick as I have used for their other packs. The install process seems to work until I get to a screen that says " -- Loading Add On Programs -- " with a progress bar and text that says "100 %  1   of 1". At that point the PX is frozen, and no buttons work and I have to power off the unit. I don't remember anymore, is this how it usually works?

Same thing is happening to me...are you using the Latest BETA or the official FW ?

J_P_P

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2021, 07:35:50 PM »
I had to delete a file "._1971ESTONIA_Preset_P17-P28" for the Estonia to Work.
I only left the regular 1971ESTONIA_Preset_P17-P28

Same (similar) for the Add-On 11 1985 Passionate Piano

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2021, 12:26:54 AM »
I had to delete a file "._1971ESTONIA_Preset_P17-P28" for the Estonia to Work.
I only left the regular 1971ESTONIA_Preset_P17-P28

Same (similar) for the Add-On 11 1985 Passionate Piano

Aahhh, that did the trick. Thanks! All three properly installed (and sounding great) now. :)

J_P_P

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2021, 05:48:35 AM »
I have no ideia of what is that file(s) ...the other previous ADD Ons did not have it...maybe for MAC ? (i use PC)