Soundtower Pro 3 Editor - Demo

Soundtower Pro 3 Editor - Demo
« on: September 26, 2023, 11:50:19 AM »
I’m testing this editor on my 2020 iMac, macOS 11.7.10.

Very few of the functions work as expected in demo mode, meaning it’s impossible to demo properly. Is this expected or not really?

chysn

Re: Soundtower Pro 3 Editor - Demo
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2023, 12:17:11 PM »
When I tried the demo (last year, also macOS, also Pro 3) a bunch of stuff didn't work. Supposedly it was crippleware due to being a demo. But exactly zero people have ever said, "Hey, Soundtower works great, and such awesome support!" so I'm not sure how crippling it was supposed to help with my evaluation process...? Anyway, that's why I didn't seriously consider buying it.

There are other ways to write demos, fully-functioning time-based being probably the best.

Maybe Soundtower works great. How the hell would we know?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 12:32:57 PM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2023, 12:31:14 PM »
When I tried the demo a bunch of stuff didn't work. Supposedly it was crippleware due to being a demo. But exactly zero people have ever said, "Hey, Soundtower works great!" so I'm not sure how crippling it is supposed to help with the evaluation process...? Anyway, that's why I didn't seriously consider buying it.

There are other ways to write demos, fully-functioning time-based being probably the best.

Thanks, Yeah this is utterly baffling. How can you demo software which doesn't let you demo it  ???

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2023, 06:31:22 AM »
I wrote of my experience with ST on your other Thread, I would like to add here, hoping that the Dev or someone at Sequential see's this... It's not fun. I'm not sure why this software is still up for purchase, why Sequential still endorse's it  when clearly and according to all the other complaints, it clearly doesn't work. Almost all the threads I've read here regarding the editor, all have been telling of a very dysfunctional editor. Also, with the very little correspondence I managed with support, the very few times left me quite confused e.g. after explaining to support that the instructions I had been given didn't work, I was then instructed with a new line of instruction, which were exactly the same as the first set of instructions. Exactly the same. Then it went quiet. I do hope Sequential reads this and gets in touch with the Dev and gets him to either fix it or reimburse everyone who was taken for a ride. I mean, when is it going to stop? It really is not good for the Sequential to have a cowboy hanging off their tails selling absolute nonsense and getting away with it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 06:38:58 AM by Bential »