Emulating 303 on Tetra

Emulating 303 on Tetra
« on: July 19, 2021, 07:24:32 PM »
Hey guys,

I've been creating different patches that emulate the 303 sound. It's created some varied and interesting results.

The most difficult part is emulating the 303 accent parameter. I found some information about another 303 emulation here, the MB33, http://www.mam-germany.de/mb33-manual/

It says:
The Accent is decisive for the dynamics of your playing by accentuating individual notes, so that they are to be clearly differentiated. The Accent of MB33 is particularly effective, because it affects several parameters simultaneously.
The volume is raised significantly.
For the duration of the Accent, Decay time is set to minimum (at Accent-end the currently set Decay time is reestablished). The effect of the Accent may therefore be additionally reinforced by a long Decay time.
With increasing Resonance the Accent effects an increase of the Cutoff frequency.
By using the Accent , you can control the intensity of the increase of Volume and Cutoff frequency.
The Accent is triggered via Midi at Velocity values> = 120th

I also found this comment on another forum:
On the TB303 a programmed accent does three things, changes the filter EG's decay time to its fastest, sweeps the filter cut-off with a simple envelope with a depth controlled by the resonance pot, and additionally blips the output VCA to produce a louder sound. This is not so easy to replicate on a small modular.
https://modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=167732

So, I was wondering if there is a way to do this on the Tetra with the mods or if there is another route I can take here.

Regards,
Nick

Re: Emulating 303 on Tetra
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 12:19:07 PM »
Also curious...

Well I quite get pretty close and totally satisfied with Tetra Acid by controlling it from Elektron sequencer and automate all those things + glide.

You just have to tweak deeper and find sweet spots.

However, it doesn't replace 303 (have one here as well ), but more like 101. But the results are very satisfying by themselves.