Does ANYONE actually use the Poly-Sequencer?

maxter

Does ANYONE actually use the Poly-Sequencer?
« on: July 19, 2021, 05:30:20 AM »
I'm just curious... does anyone actually USE it?

And, if so, do you find it to be working well, or do you have issues with it? Or have you given up on it because of issues?

If it would mean freeing up space for bug fixes, I personally wouldn't mind losing it altogether, and I'm curious as to what others think. I've always thought of it as a really unnecessary addition, even initially upon release, but especially as it doesn't work as well as any other I've ever tried, that I can recall.

IF the poly-sequencer is what's bugging this synth, making it hard to fix the other bugs, it'd be a real shame... a functioning Rev2 would be SO much more worth than that poly-seq... does anyone disagree?
The Way the Truth and the Life

jg666

Re: Does ANYONE actually use the Poly-Sequencer?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 06:13:32 AM »
Yes I do :)
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 06:30:58 AM »
Yup, I use it, and it works as expected. Careful use of the poly sequencer helps me to get glide working nicely with chords, and I use it when designing patches too.
I've issues that I'd like fixed, but the poly sequencer isn't one of them, and I (for one) don't think that pursuing its removal seems a promising way to resolve other issues.
SYNTHS: VirusTi, Evolver, Subsequent37, ProphetRev2, Medusa, Typhon, DigitoneKeys, Lyra8, Pulsar23
EFFECTS: Ventris, ZOIA, TResonatorII, Thyme, Particle2, BOUM, BIM, Polymoon, RetroverbLancet
OTHERS: FirefaceUCX, WavedrumGlobal, MPC_ONE, Digitakt, Noodlebox, NDLR, 1010Bluebox, Genelec8020A/7040A

jg666

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 06:34:57 AM »
Yup, I use it, and it works as expected. Careful use of the poly sequencer helps me to get glide working nicely with chords, and I use it when designing patches too.
I've issues that I'd like fixed, but the poly sequencer isn't one of them, and I (for one) don't think that pursuing its removal seems a promising way to resolve other issues.

Agreed 100% I did think there might be issues with the sequencer at one stage but it was down to me not using it properly!

I personally do not use the gated sequencer so I would go absolutely ballistic if something I used was removed to fix something I don’t use.

You can’t go removing features that are listed in the specifications of a product.
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 10:51:19 AM »
Yes, I use it a plenty and love it. "No touch Monkey!"  :)

maxter

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2021, 01:09:53 PM »
I see! That's great, another good thing for the Rev2 then! Thanks for the feedback! I had no clue really, as it hasn't come up too often on this forum.

maxter

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2021, 02:49:58 PM »
I personally do not use the gated sequencer so I would go absolutely ballistic if something I used was removed to fix something I don’t use.

Yup, I unfortunately know that feeling all too well, as you may have guessed by me going ballistic... I don't use the poly-seq at all, but WOULD like to use the gated sequencers as on the P'08... the poly was added on the Rev2, the gated sequencer went corrupt on it. (I'm not hinting at a relation though, so please don't read between the lines on that one)

You can’t go removing features that are listed in the specifications of a product.

I agree... speaking of which, I certainly would like to have that listed gated sequencer working as it should...

But it's great that the poly-sequencer works, anyone who uses it could always go with the 1.1.5.9 BETA OS in case something gets screwed up with an eventual OS update...  ;) good for you!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 02:55:32 PM by maxter »

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 01:29:32 PM »
One of the main reasons I'm buying a 16 voice desktop version is for the 'two' sequencers.
I want to play live with those on the go alongside my Virus and Behringer 2600 paired with a Keystep sequencer, plus a Roland TR6 s drum machine. It's ordered and I have a few weeks to wait but my basement will be buzzing and my resident Cellar Spiders are in for a treat.
I've got an Eventide Space to enhance the Rev2 and a Timefactor for the 2600.
It's taken me a very long time to get to this stage, so I'm hoping the Rev to doesn't let me down.