Headphone Amp White Noise

Re: Headphone Amp White Noise
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2017, 09:26:51 AM »
Oh it's okay now, I've finally found a solution. Cheers! ;)

Please post your solution so others will know how it was solved.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2018, 12:43:58 AM »
i had the same issue but it has gotten worse over short time i acknowledged it
It started as an erratic electrical hum from headphone output (right side only), main output was clean.
After a while the same hum extended to main output (right side only), and it ended up in a constant white noise on both channels (depending on presets).

I tried all suggested troubleshooting:
-set a basic patch
-disconnecting every cable (except headphones)
-running VCO/filters calibration
-Global reset
-Upgrade OS to 1.1.3 (downloaded from forum) and recalibrate again
Noise was still there.

Contacted DSI which offered me a board swap by taking a temporary money deposit while i effected the replacement with a new board and send back the faulty one.
I also checked with the vendor of my unit (thomann) and they agreed the repair free of any deposit, so i sent the synth to them and  had the mainboard replaced after a few months.

Now it's working smoothly except for form time to time out ten when i turn it on it, it fires up some high volume white noise
and must be powered off and on again to work properly.

Hope it won't break again

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2021, 03:51:56 PM »
i had the same or at least a similar problem. Regardless of the master volume output, I always had a kind of background noise on all outputs, i.e. headphones and line outs even if the master volume output was "0". In addition, there was a signal in the high frequency range that was only visible after I played a sound.

i have attached the frequency spectrum of the broken device and a small video that shows what was happening after I had played any sound. But regardless of what the frequency spectrum showed, the background noise could always be heard.

I tried to re-import the firmware, to reset the device and to recalibrate it. unfortunately nothing helped.

Solution: i had to exchange the device. and now everything is fine. no more rushing at all and no strange signals in the frequency spectrum either. now the rev2 sounds perfect and 100% clean.
Yamaha MO8, Seq Pro3, Seq Rev2/16, Model: Cycles, Moog DFAM, Modular, Akai MPC One, Pearl Mimic Pro, Midas M32R