OS 1.2 with Patch Morphing!

Re: OS 1.2 with Patch Morphing!
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2021, 02:13:25 AM »
Please and CV to morph, oh my god this would make me happy.

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2021, 10:19:30 AM »
Is there another file? - A "panel.syx" update that goes with this new OS version?

No, there's just the one file to send.

Thanks @Chysn. 

Probably just left the text from a previous version of update instructions.   That should be updated in the PDF, and actually, the latest Panel.syx should be posted and pinned in a separate thread maybe, with an indication as to what version O.S. is should be updated with. 

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2021, 09:28:50 AM »
So that was actually working but we hadn’t figured out the specifics. We may add it later, haven’t decided, there’s a design problem that needs to be solved first

Would have been nice to add crossfade between two patches across the keybed.

I am just loading the new OS as we speak, so quite likely I am missing something, but wouldn't using key# accomplish that?

chysn

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2021, 09:38:40 AM »
So that was actually working but we hadn’t figured out the specifics. We may add it later, haven’t decided, there’s a design problem that needs to be solved first

I am just loading the new OS as we speak, so quite likely I am missing something, but wouldn't using key# accomplish that?

Yeah, that's the request.

I expect there was some barrier to making Morph Amount an actual modulation destination?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 09:44:05 AM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2021, 11:50:17 AM »
Yes! That's what I intended there... make it super easy to scroll through and play with options that have a huge and FUN change to your experience

Mission accomplished.  This update is incredible.  Instead of having 1024 patches, now it basically has 1024*1024.  It dramatically expanded the sound in a way which is simple and easy to use.  Sure, some combinations sound bad, but every patch I've tried so far has had at least a few morphs which sounded fantastic.

If there is a downside, it's that I find myself wanting to just endlessly try all the combinations instead of getting work done.

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2021, 12:26:34 PM »

Yeah, that's the request.

I expect there was some barrier to making Morph Amount an actual modulation destination?

Oops....yeah, not a mod source. I see that now that I am installed. Stricken from the record!!!!!

Pym

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2021, 03:54:16 PM »
Awesome! I have so many more ideas for the future along these lines... kinda obsessed now. Fun features. Fun fun fun. That's the key  :)

Yes! That's what I intended there... make it super easy to scroll through and play with options that have a huge and FUN change to your experience

Mission accomplished.  This update is incredible.  Instead of having 1024 patches, now it basically has 1024*1024.  It dramatically expanded the sound in a way which is simple and easy to use.  Sure, some combinations sound bad, but every patch I've tried so far has had at least a few morphs which sounded fantastic.

If there is a downside, it's that I find myself wanting to just endlessly try all the combinations instead of getting work done.
Sequential

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2021, 11:07:02 PM »

Maybe not on the Pro3 but this sets the stage for some really, really crazy stuff soon...

I love the patch morphing so much. If you find the right two patches, it's like magic.

Still wondering whether “take 5” is a 5-way morphing synth, with a Morphée-style controller; x-y axis morphs four ways like the Prophet VS and Z axis then morphs to a fifth (or Z morphs between two whole presets (each with its own 4-way configuration) like on the new Pro 3 OS). That would be wild.

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2021, 02:22:13 AM »
Thanks Pym for these new features, it will be fun to explore!

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2021, 05:27:43 AM »

Maybe not on the Pro3 but this sets the stage for some really, really crazy stuff soon...

I love the patch morphing so much. If you find the right two patches, it's like magic.

Still wondering whether “take 5” is a 5-way morphing synth, with a Morphée-style controller; x-y axis morphs four ways like the Prophet VS and Z axis then morphs to a fifth (or Z morphs between two whole presets (each with its own 4-way configuration) like on the new Pro 3 OS). That would be wild.

Please don't get my hopes up.

Moho

« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2021, 08:36:28 AM »
Thanks Pym for these new features, it will be fun to explore!

I'd like to second that and add extra thanks for the super quick update to remove the clicks  8)

Moho

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2021, 08:43:22 AM »
Is there any way (or could it be added) to save the settings of any sweet spots you find as a patch?

Pym

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2021, 11:34:29 AM »
That's something I'd like to add but I haven't decided on the best way to do the interface, it's a bit tricky. Not in there yet

Is there any way (or could it be added) to save the settings of any sweet spots you find as a patch?
Sequential

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2021, 11:53:24 AM »
That's something I'd like to add but I haven't decided on the best way to do the interface, it's a bit tricky. Not in there yet

Seems like an option in Global > Commands to Write Morphed could be okay. Or, perhaps, when selecting the Write button, use one of the Soft Buttons as a Toggle between Write Patch and Write Morphed.

I also made this feature request as part of a set of bug reports this weekend. :) Great work, Chris! Quite a fun feature to explore.
Jeff Kellem—Typeface designer, Composer, Pianist, Analog synths, Dancer
ASMAC (American Society of Music Arrangers and Composers) Board Member
https://1403.slantedhall.com/ | https://slantedhall.com/ | https://asmac.org/

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2021, 04:16:27 AM »

Oh Pym, if you can do this somehow it would be really cool

either make it a mod destination so we can just save a DC offset at the intended morph point
make the touch strip latched & saveable
Snapshot-save the current state

The morph function on the JP8000 was so good for finding a sweet spot but you could never save that with the patch, it was always something that would have made it so much better

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2021, 01:53:49 AM »
Not in there yet

Any barriers to having morph as a mod destination?   It would solve a few problems, being able to save as a patch with DC offset setting the value and also - this needs to be able to be controlled by an AUX envelope or LFO so much

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2022, 06:15:09 PM »
I’m curious if patch morphing is in the works for any other sequential synths?
OB6, PROPHET 6, REV2, PRO 3, AS-1, MOOG GRANDMOTHER, HYDRASYNTH, B2600, DIGITAKT, ANALOG RYTM, ASSORTED EURORACK