OS 1.2 with Patch Morphing!

« on: July 05, 2021, 10:53:31 AM »
Available Friday! This thing has become unstoppable--as has the Sequential team!

July 5-9 is Pro 3 week! Each day this week we’re celebrating our most powerful, great-sounding, and versatile mono/paraphonic synth with videos, demos, new features and free downloads!

Here’s what we have in store for you:

Monday
Julian (J3PO) Pollack begins a 3-part YouTube series covering the Pro 3.
VIDEO 1: The Pro 3 Sound – VCOs, Wavetables, and 3 Filters

Tuesday
Julian (J3PO) Pollack continues his 3-part YouTube series covering the Pro 3.
VIDEO 2: A Deeper Dive – Tuned Feedback, Mod Matrix, and Effects

Wednesday
Julian (J3PO) Pollack continues his 3-part YouTube series covering the Pro 3.
VIDEO 3: The Pro 3 Sequencer

Thursday
32 New Wavetables and 128 New Presets!
Free Download from Sequential Site
- 32 free custom wavetables
- 128 free custom programs featuring the new wavetables

Friday
Free Download from the Sequential Forum
VIDEO 4: J3PO Patch Morph demo

korfu

Re: OS 1.2 with Patch Morphing!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 12:24:51 PM »
I’m excited for the new wavetables, but I’m not sure what Sequential means by Patch Morphing. I wonder if it’s going to be like grouping the entire modmatrix to the mod wheel or something?

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 03:44:40 PM »
I’m excited for the new wavetables, but I’m not sure what Sequential means by Patch Morphing. I wonder if it’s going to be like grouping the entire modmatrix to the mod wheel or something?
Pym hinted a while back that he was working on patch changing in the sequence. Not sure if this includes that. But I imagine it will be similar to morphing in the PolyBrute and VSTs where most of the parameters morph from one patch to another--like going from a gong sound to an ethereal string patch. I imagine there will be some limits to what can morph--like effect type or filter type. We'll see on Friday!

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 04:48:36 PM »
Hmm ... sounds interesting ... seems we can get a even wider sound palette out of it.

Looking forward to the patch morphing feature and modulate it even further with Eurorack.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 04:53:10 PM by Wavtekt »

chysn

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2021, 06:12:57 PM »
Exciting stuff! I have various speculations and fantasies about what patch morphing might be, but I guess I just wait and see.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2021, 07:30:51 PM »
Personally I'd still like to see wave sequencing in an update. Just the ability to select a Wavetable number per sequencer step would make for some really interesting tonal possibilities.

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2021, 11:50:09 PM »
Personally I'd still like to see wave sequencing in an update. Just the ability to select a Wavetable number per sequencer step would make for some really interesting tonal possibilities.

When Pym described what he was experimenting with, it sounded like you would be able to do those kind of things - like switching between completely different sounds per sequencer step. He said he had found a way to switch patches really fast and smoothly and that this would enable a lot of cool things  :)

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2021, 06:41:02 AM »
Patch morfing sounds great! Cool

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2021, 11:23:00 AM »
Well this is exciting. I just recently bought a Pro 3 and I'm just really getting myself used to it.  Love it , really curious and excited to see/hear what patch morphing will be like!

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2021, 09:10:50 AM »
hmm ... just tried the patch morphing feature. Not as fun as I thought, since the morph source is restricted to manual controls like slider and mod wheel. More of a performance function in mind. Morphing the oscillators and envelopes are fun nonetheless.

I tried to fiddle around the mod matrix and tried whether I can use CV instead for automation, seems can't. I guess patching the pedal input with 0-5v CV is the only solution right now then.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 09:19:24 AM by Wavtekt »

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2021, 10:13:57 AM »
Would have been nice to add crossfade between two patches across the keybed.

Pym

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2021, 10:24:37 AM »
So that was actually working but we hadn’t figured out the specifics. We may add it later, haven’t decided, there’s a design problem that needs to be solved first

Sequential

chysn

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2021, 10:27:19 AM »
Some pairs of patches morph better than others do, there's no question about that. The greatest value will come when we design patches specifically as "morph" patches and complementary "morph target" patches , in much the same way that we consciously design "paraphonic" patches now.

Note that you can automate morphing in the sequencer using Velocity as the morph source.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 10:35:51 AM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2021, 02:49:30 PM »
So that was actually working but we hadn’t figured out the specifics. We may add it later, haven’t decided, there’s a design problem that needs to be solved first

Wow! That be wild to have it essentially be bi timbral and have the sequence controlling one patch while you play over with another, although I'm not sure how that would work.

Any possibility of having each oscillator run through a separate filter? Just thinking of the sequencer, that might add some wild tonal possibilities.

Speaking of, is there a way yet to dial in how much of the filter frequency effects each oscillator? I'm thinking of the Wavetables, it might be cool to have the filter a bit more open on them and a bit more closed on the VCOs to add different harmonic content....sort of like the filter bypass for samples in the PX.

chysn

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2021, 03:09:46 PM »
I love the patch morphing so much. If you find the right two patches, it's like magic.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

Pym

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2021, 04:16:48 PM »
Yes! That's what I intended there... make it super easy to scroll through and play with options that have a huge and FUN change to your experience

Maybe not on the Pro3 but this sets the stage for some really, really crazy stuff soon...

I love the patch morphing so much. If you find the right two patches, it's like magic.
Sequential

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2021, 04:48:41 PM »
Yes! That's what I intended there... make it super easy to scroll through and play with options that have a huge and FUN change to your experience

Maybe not on the Pro3 but this sets the stage for some really, really crazy stuff soon...

*****PRAYS OF A VCO/Wavetable poly synth coming soon*******

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2021, 05:31:49 PM »
Excellent!  Planning to update tonight or tomorrow.  Is there another file? - A "panel.syx" update that goes with this new OS version?   In the instructions/addendum it mentions that, and I just see the one downloadable sysex file in the Beta thread currently. 

* Pro 3 OS 1.2 Manual Addendum.pdf (309.77 kB - downloaded 127 times.)
* pro3_Main_v1.2.0.2.syx (704.08 kB - downloaded 4 times.)

IMPORTANT
There are two parts to the OS update — the Core OS and the Panel OS. Do not
attempt to send both of these at the same time or you may “brick” (disable) your
Pro 3. Instead, send the Core OS first, then, once it completes writing to the
synth, restart the Pro 3. Then send the Panel OS, and once it completes writing,
restart again.

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

chysn

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2021, 10:36:50 PM »
Is there another file? - A "panel.syx" update that goes with this new OS version?

No, there's just the one file to send.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2021, 01:57:39 AM »
Is there another file? - A "panel.syx" update that goes with this new OS version?

No, there's just the one file to send.

Hi guys, This is pretty confusing. Only one file to send but what about the two they say need to be sent separately? Really don't want to brick my pro 3 and now its the weekend so can't email them, A little unclear and confusing. Have you done yours with just one file and it's all good?

Regards Gabriel