MIDI Thru/Out 2

4dubs

MIDI Thru/Out 2
« on: June 15, 2021, 05:40:29 PM »
My apologies if there is already a past thread for this, but does the option to switch the MIDI thru to function as a 2nd out still not work?  I know it didn't when I first bought the Pro 2 upon release and was annoyed back then.  Figured it would eventually be addressed in a firmware update.  Currently have a need for that function, and it still seems to not be working.  I'm running OS 1.4.0.1.  I see that the current OS is 1.4.0.5, but that still doesn't seem to address this particular issue.  Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?  I can switch the functionality of that port to "OUT" in the global menu, but there is still no MIDI being outputted from that port.     
DSI:  Prophet 6, Rev 2 16v, Pro 2, OB6
Other:  Moog One 8v, Model D reissue, Voyager, Sub 37, Nord Stage 2 SW73, Behringer Mono/Poly & 2600, Studiologic Sledge Black, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium desktop & STVC, Mellotron Micro, Modal Cobalt 8X, Expresive E Osmose

mosen

Re: MIDI Thru/Out 2
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 07:18:32 AM »
I need the same function on my Pro2 - a midi out from the OUT2. i seems that it does not work here...
Is this common sense?

mosen

Re: MIDI Thru/Out 2
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 01:56:26 PM »
After contacting the support team, that was their reply:

The MIDI THRU/OUT 2 jack on the Pro2 transmits MIDI Note data from the sequencer only, using one of the "MIDI Out 2 Ch. __" destinations. The "MIDI Port 2 Thru/Out" global must be set to OUT for this to work, of course. Port 2 does not transmit MIDI Note data from the keyboard.

I hoped for another information...it`s not possible. Nevertheless it`s clear now, switched to a midi merger to feed the cirklon and the daw with one midi out.