Some notes not playing

Some notes not playing
« on: June 14, 2021, 11:00:02 AM »
When turned on, I play a series of notes. Some notes may not play, but with repeated playing, then other notes may not play. If I play staccato, I have no problems. However, when I change a parameter or two, there is no problem.I can then play legato.

Any ideas? Do I need to update the firmware? This is a new unit. I am at firmware version 1.1.0.

Thanks!

RG
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 11:11:45 AM by r010159@cox.net »

Re: Some notes not playing
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 08:16:42 PM »
There now is oscillator instability. I think it may be caused by the high temperature in the room which os above 90. I do not know.

Maybe there are multiple causes, one for the instability, and for the original problem, sonething else.

RG

Not good.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 08:48:08 PM »
Have you tried to run calibration? It should be in the globals menu somewhere.

I recently had similar problems to this. I needed to take two actions
1) I had a midi feedback-loop in my setup and needed to fix it
2) I needed to re-run calibration

In addition to running calibration, do you have any USB or MIDI cables connected? If so, do you still have this after removing the cables?

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 10:15:43 AM »
Thank you for your reply!

I have removed the MIDI cables, and recalibrated the filters and oscillators. So far this seemed to have worked

FWIW by far, this has been the largest purchase of mine in a synthesizer. I cannot afford to have a malfunctioning  one. Thanks for your help.

RG

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2021, 08:53:07 PM »
I am having the same problem again. I think it’s a temperature issue. The temperature inside of my home is 90 to 95°. Otherwise, I do not know what is causing it.