Sample Library made with Prophet 6

Sample Library made with Prophet 6
« on: June 11, 2021, 02:00:47 PM »
I thought people here might be interested in the sample library I made using the Prophet 6, along with a Studio Electronics Boomstar 5089. The library shows, I think, what a versatile instrument the Prophet 6 is.

https://youtu.be/1jTG3sQIMPE

Re: Sample Library made with Prophet 6
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 04:28:09 PM »
I thought people here might be interested in the sample library I made using the Prophet 6, along with a Studio Electronics Boomstar 5089. The library shows, I think, what a versatile instrument the Prophet 6 is.

https://youtu.be/1jTG3sQIMPE

Quite enjoyed that! Makes me miss my P6...

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 01:37:26 AM »

Thanks. I've had mine for about 3 years now. I like it even more with the update adding the 'vintage' knob.

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 07:06:09 AM »

Thanks. I've had mine for about 3 years now. I like it even more with the update adding the 'vintage' knob.

I've been away from mine since the pandemic pushed me back to California. Thus, I've not known the P6 with the new Vintage twist. I did buy a second P6, but I sold it to help pay for a P5, so it's not like I'm suffering outright! I'll likely be reunited with my P6 in a couple months and will ship it back to Cal, I reckon.

But again, your video was fab.

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 12:03:33 AM »

've been away from mine since the pandemic pushed me back to California. Thus, I've not known the P6 with the new Vintage twist. I did buy a second P6, but I sold it to help pay for a P5, so it's not like I'm suffering outright! I'll likely be reunited with my P6 in a couple months and will ship it back to Cal, I reckon.

Thanks. I'm sure the P5 trumps the P6 every time but I'm trying to stop myself getting synth envy as much as I can. I just watched your video. Cool stuff!

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 07:28:26 AM »

've been away from mine since the pandemic pushed me back to California. Thus, I've not known the P6 with the new Vintage twist. I did buy a second P6, but I sold it to help pay for a P5, so it's not like I'm suffering outright! I'll likely be reunited with my P6 in a couple months and will ship it back to Cal, I reckon.

Thanks. I'm sure the P5 trumps the P6 every time but I'm trying to stop myself getting synth envy as much as I can. I just watched your video. Cool stuff!

I wouldn't say the 5 trumps the 6 *every* time. There are many things the P6 does so well. It took me ages to see it away from the shadow of the 5, but the 6 has a modern charm that I've fallen in love with. I'm certainly curious to (finally/someday!) get to hear mine with the Vintage function added, but I miss it for how beautiful it sounds in its own right, on its own terms. And ironically, even with the 4 octave keyboard, I think of the Prophet 6 as the most playable synth I've encountered. I used to sit and play it like a piano for hours. I never do that with any other synth.

Glad you liked the video, by the way! The recording features P6 on bass and lead sounds, plus some Juno 6 on the choruses, if I'm remembering correctly

LPF83

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2021, 07:48:59 AM »
I wouldn't say the 5 trumps the 6 *every* time.

I agree -- I think there is a misconception that the P5/10 replaces the P6.  Really they are different synths that I think complement each other.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC