MIDI sustain pedal?

MIDI sustain pedal?
« on: June 08, 2021, 10:49:07 PM »
Hi all,

Just got my Prophet 10 module today.. first off, sounds amazing... just a really great and inspiring piece of gear.

However I can't seem to get my sustain pedal to work. It's possible I don't understand how it should work and I haven't set it up right, but I am sending CC 64 (Damper) from my master keyboard. This works to sustain notes on my OB-6 but seems to have no effect on the Prophet 10. According to the MIDI implementation chart it says that this should work but it doesn't seem to be...

Re: MIDI sustain pedal?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 11:11:47 PM »
Hi all,

Just got my Prophet 10 module today.. first off, sounds amazing... just a really great and inspiring piece of gear.

However I can't seem to get my sustain pedal to work. It's possible I don't understand how it should work and I haven't set it up right, but I am sending CC 64 (Damper) from my master keyboard. This works to sustain notes on my OB-6 but seems to have no effect on the Prophet 10. According to the MIDI implementation chart it says that this should work but it doesn't seem to be...

What have you got the hold/sustain feature set to in the globals?

There are two implementations - “hold” is the same as on the OB-6 I believe; “release” behaves the way the original prophet 5 worked.

Is your master keyboard also sending CC64 on your P10’s channel. (On some keyboards you can separate note data from CC data - is it possible that your master keyboard is sending note data on all channels but only sending CC data on a single channel, i.e. that of your OB-6?)

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 06:09:29 PM »
Ah yes, changing the global setting is what I needed to do. I kind of assumed the sustain pedal would work regardless of the setting since the manual implies it only affects the operation of the button, but I guess it affects the MIDI CC as well.

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 04:56:17 AM »
Yes this is a new feature to rev 4 vs the classic release function at earlier revs. One of many brilliant invisible improvements and the classic release function is still there (default).