Pitch Bend Wheel to Filter

Pitch Bend Wheel to Filter
« on: June 03, 2021, 07:11:00 PM »
Is there a way to assign the pitch bend wheel to control the filter ?

I've discovered a cool thing (at least for me) by turning my oscillators all the way down and out of the mix and use only the filter as the sound. Tuned in a cool little lead sound, but the pitch wheel doesn't bend the notes when I try. Looking everywhere and trying everything to assign it to there, won't do it. The destination settings for "wheel" only are applying to mod.

Re: Pitch Bend Wheel to Filter
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 07:34:08 PM »
is there a way to assign to a CC number?  if so maybe assigning to CC1 should work.  unfortunately I do not own a Prophet yet so I can't say for sure.  one day, one day.

LPF83

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 05:42:33 PM »
You could use the mod wheel to tune it on the fly by adjusting envelope amount, but that's of course not the same as having the pitch wheel control the oscillator freq and filter amount in the same amounts which I assume is what you're after.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2021, 08:34:04 PM »
You could use the mod wheel to tune it on the fly by adjusting envelope amount, but that's of course not the same as having the pitch wheel control the oscillator freq and filter amount in the same amounts which I assume is what you're after.
Yea, kinda out for that ability to do the funky quick bend and snap backs like you can with the wheel, but to the filter. Hmm, maybe if possible this is a good addition to the feature wish thread

Micky

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2021, 10:30:16 PM »
Use an expression pedal with knob for the amount, like the Moog EP-3, at the filter-cv-input !

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2021, 02:57:37 PM »
Normally I use the mod wheel to filter but it is not possible with the P5/10... if not turn Local Off and use it as a sound module. Then convert the mod wheel Data at your DAW (works at Logic and I’m sure other DAWs has the same function) to send Filter Cut Off (don’t remember what MIDI CC number it is).