New Sequential Patent - Take 5

LPF83

Re: New Sequential Patent - Take 5
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2021, 10:14:33 AM »
You know you could just look up the Pro 3 and see it uses the exact same function of octave and pitch setup...

That's a fair point, and to be honest I'm not sure why I didn't do that, so scratch one item from the potential hoax evidence.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2021, 01:01:43 AM »
Well, it’s not the poly Pro3 I had hoped for and honestly, I have no need for it (as I have five sequential synths as it is) but I’ll be really glad it exists if it comes to fruition.
Sequential/DSI has needed an affordable poly synth with that amazing sequential tone and user friendly features.
We know Dave can design an affordable synth from the AS-1. It greatly overlooked because of its pioneer brand and that membrane keyboard. Even though I ended up buying a prophet 6 I still wouldn’t sell my AS-1. It sounds so amazing that the amount of money I would have to sell it for just wouldn’t be worth letting go of it.
If the take 5 is real I’m really happy for all the musicians who can’t afford a prophet 6
OB6, PROPHET 6, REV2, PRO 3, AS-1, MOOG GRANDMOTHER, HYDRASYNTH, B2600, DIGITAKT, ANALOG RYTM, ASSORTED EURORACK

« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2021, 07:24:04 AM »
Well, it’s not the poly Pro3 I had hoped for and honestly, I have no need for it (as I have five sequential synths as it is) but I’ll be really glad it exists if it comes to fruition.
Sequential/DSI has needed an affordable poly synth with that amazing sequential tone and user friendly features.
We know Dave can design an affordable synth from the AS-1. It greatly overlooked because of its pioneer brand and that membrane keyboard. Even though I ended up buying a prophet 6 I still wouldn’t sell my AS-1. It sounds so amazing that the amount of money I would have to sell it for just wouldn’t be worth letting go of it.
If the take 5 is real I’m really happy for all the musicians who can’t afford a prophet 6

I'd like to think of this as Sequential's Juno to their Jupiter.

It's a nice "compliment" synth for those who just want a smaller poly synth in their set up or those who's primary instrument is something other than synth (Piano, guitar etc) and they just want this on the side to play a few chords.

LPF83

« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2021, 12:32:36 PM »
Sounds fantastic

I think it sounds good... but it reminds me more of my Minilogue XDm than any other current synth in my collection.  It could just be the EQ choices of those clips... but its a bit more Juno than Prophet sounding.  The core tone doesn't sound anything like the Prophet 5/10 to me (even less so than my Rev2).   I wonder if the oscillators are really the same as the Rev4?  If so, I think the digital FX might be removing some of the analogue-ness of the tone?

The portability of smaller keyboards is undeniably important for some.  For $1,300 I don't think they will have any issues selling the things, and it's probably a great move against Behringer's upcoming bargain synths (Pro16/UBXa).  Just not sure if it's for me (yet).  Whatever I buy next needs to cover a base or two that my existing synths don't.

Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2021, 01:00:49 PM »
This thread has been moved from the General section.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 01:04:33 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

chysn

« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2021, 11:06:28 AM »
I surely feel the comparison with a Juno, although some of the demos are strikingly Prophet-sounding.

An alarming bunch of these demos made me go "I want that!"
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2021, 01:03:50 PM »
Not even remotely impressed with the sound so far.  And not a fan of the new plasticity builds he’s been doing.  And then there’s the name…  this is going to be a hard pass for me.  I’d rather get a Mopho x4 all day.

« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2021, 02:53:15 PM »
Sounds fantastic
but its a bit more Juno than Prophet sounding.  The core tone doesn't sound anything like the Prophet 5/10 to me (even less so than my Rev2). 

To me that's a good thing. It's refreshing sonically as opposed to being redundant.

DMS

« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2021, 09:11:02 AM »
This T5 sounds great, fat as hell! Perfect gig synth, looks to be the same keybed as the Pro2, nice touch just big enough especially with the split function. These 2130’s paired up to 2140’s are sick, welcome to the machine ! Nicely done “again” Dave & company

« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2021, 08:40:45 AM »
This T5 sounds great, fat as hell! Perfect gig synth, looks to be the same keybed as the Pro2, nice touch just big enough especially with the split function. These 2130’s paired up to 2140’s are sick, welcome to the machine ! Nicely done “again” Dave & company

It’s definitely not the same keybed as the Pro 2; that wasn’t particularly good and wasn’t a Fatar. The T5 has a Fatar keybed.

jg666

« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2021, 10:10:27 AM »

It’s definitely not the same keybed as the Pro 2; that wasn’t particularly good and wasn’t a Fatar. The T5 has a Fatar keybed.

That’s a relief :) I have a Pro2 and in my opinion, the keybed is mediocre at best.
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2021, 10:44:54 AM »
Yeah, regarding keybed feel - I would say T5 its among the best feeling that I have owned... Up there with Pro3, Rev2 and NI S61mk2.   Way better than their older Evolver and Pro2 keybeds, and better than the other synths I have owned from Behringer, Arturia, and Korg.

Note:  On Take 5, upon first setting it up, definitely go into Globals and set Velocity Sensitivity and Aftertouch Sensitivity.  From the factory, they were both set to 1 value, which would be appropriate if you are a caveman smashing the keys with a club.   I set Velocity to 4 and Aftertouch to 5, and that is perfect to me.   (Seq Team:   these should probably be the defaults from the factory / firmware, or 3,3 or 4,4)   I could see how some music shops might not adjust them for floor models, and customers trying them might not realize that velocity and aftertouch need sensitivity adjusted for the homo sapien species).   

Sequential has definitely put key playing surface among the priorities lately... although, I would really like if they always would stick with pitch and mod wheel on the left, and 44+ mono, 61+ poly.   

Also, as a side note for playing surface:  the sliders on PX and Pro3 with latching and led feedback are great... I really would like to see 1-2 of them on every instrument with a matrix.   I prefer the multi slider interface to something like Polybrute's Touche, joystick or XY pads... When I ordered PolyBrute, I was thinking I would really dig that Touche control, but turns out that its less practical/controllable than having a couple sliders.  I like the visual led feedback and latching option better.  Those sliders are so great for morphing sounds and other mod control.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 10:52:06 AM by creativespiral »

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

DMS

« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2021, 07:55:46 AM »
Never had a problem with my P2 keybed. I’ll be sure to check the difference, my T5 should be here tomorrow. I was just looking at the key count.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2022, 08:08:53 AM »
I'd like to see a Take 5 with wooden side panels.  Has anybody come across one?