Any change we'll get MPE support in the Prophet X?

Any change we'll get MPE support in the Prophet X?
« on: May 29, 2021, 10:35:03 AM »
I doubt this will happen, I'm not even sure it's doable but is there any change we'll get MPE support in the Prophet X? Would love to use a Linnstrument on the violin or wind samples for some authentic sounding articulation.

I'm not sure this is even possibly with the multi sample nature of the PX or if it can only be done when in Sample Stretch mode.

Re: Any change we'll get MPE support in the Prophet X?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 10:45:50 AM »
I doubt this will happen, I'm not even sure it's doable but is there any change we'll get MPE support in the Prophet X? Would love to use a Linnstrument on the violin or wind samples for some authentic sounding articulation.

I'm not sure this is even possibly with the multi sample nature of the PX or if it can only be done when in Sample Stretch mode.

Only Sequential can decide whether or not to support MPE, but there's at least a chance it'd be considered given the recent addition of MPE to the Prophet 6 and OB-6.  It's a different problem on the Prophet X, and if it's coming I'd expect it to be bundled with anything else they're thinking about in terms of a significant update.

Sample Stretch mode shouldn't be a strict requirement, as MPE isn't just about pitch control but can be used to send differing modulation amounts for anything in an instrument's mod matrix on a per-note basis.  So within whatever limits are already imposed (you can't pitch bend a sample beyond a prescribed range right now, for instance) I would expect the same control could be offered polyphonically.  Only time will tell if it's in the cards!

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 11:50:04 AM »

Only Sequential can decide whether or not to support MPE, but there's at least a chance it'd be considered given the recent addition of MPE to the Prophet 6 and OB-6.  It's a different problem on the Prophet X, and if it's coming I'd expect it to be bundled with anything else they're thinking about in terms of a significant update.

Sample Stretch mode shouldn't be a strict requirement, as MPE isn't just about pitch control but can be used to send differing modulation amounts for anything in an instrument's mod matrix on a per-note basis.  So within whatever limits are already imposed (you can't pitch bend a sample beyond a prescribed range right now, for instance) I would expect the same control could be offered polyphonically.  Only time will tell if it's in the cards!

I hope so. I have this feeling that Dave and company can't wait to get the PX/XL out of their catalog so I don't think we'll see an update any time soon.

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 11:54:35 PM »
MPE Support please

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2023, 07:41:34 AM »
I recently acquired a new PX and I'm adding my voice to this feature request.  Of all the Sequential synths, this seems like the one would benefit most from MPE so I hope the comments above about it being abandonware are incorrect :) 

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2023, 02:04:39 AM »
Chris Calcutt of Sequential was at Synthfest in the UK demoing the X, so someone at the company loves the synth!

Stephen

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2023, 12:36:39 PM »
Chris Calcutt of Sequential was at Synthfest in the UK demoing the X, so someone at the company loves the synth!

Stephen

As do it's users! I have now had mine for four years and still love it
Regards
Derek

----------

Prophet X, Yamaha Montage 7, SY99, TG77, EX5R, AN1x, FS1r, Motif Rack ES (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-VL), Korg Kronos X61, Nord G2 Engine, and way too many VSTis!