OS 1.5.2 Bug Report List

Re: OS 1.5.2 Bug Report List
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2021, 09:50:27 AM »
Did you "Calibrate the oscillators and filters" as per page 5 in the Manual ?
Does the temperature in your room fluctuate much ?  Air conditioner ?

The room is at a constant 70 degrees. I do calibrate it as per page 5, as it is usually slightly out of tune overall after it warms up. Then after playing a while, usually after switching patches, a couple of voices will go out of tune like they lost the calibration settings. By out of tune, I mean very out of tune, almost not tracking the keyboard, while the majority of the voices stay perfectly in tune. I know this because unison patches are in tune unless unison is 8 or more. In poly mode most voices are in tune with a couple of notes playing massively out of tune. Re calibrating by pressing tune fixes the problem. It can’t be my unit. As I stated, all 3 units I have had did exactly the same thing. All 3 had 1.5.0 when I received them which I used for a few days with no problems. All 3 after updating to 1.5.2 started doing this right away. The unit I have now is a new out of box unit. I had a previous new out of box unit which was returned due to a malfunctioning led in one of the filter switches, but was otherwise fine. The second unit was a floor model which was fine. All 3 behaved the same.

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2021, 11:55:18 AM »

The room is at a constant 70 degrees. I do calibrate it as per page 5, as it is usually slightly out of tune overall after it warms up. Then after playing a while, usually after switching patches, a couple of voices will go out of tune like they lost the calibration settings. By out of tune, I mean very out of tune, almost not tracking the keyboard, while the majority of the voices stay perfectly in tune. I know this because unison patches are in tune unless unison is 8 or more. In poly mode most voices are in tune with a couple of notes playing massively out of tune. Re calibrating by pressing tune fixes the problem. It can’t be my unit. As I stated, all 3 units I have had did exactly the same thing. All 3 had 1.5.0 when I received them which I used for a few days with no problems. All 3 after updating to 1.5.2 started doing this right away. The unit I have now is a new out of box unit. I had a previous new out of box unit which was returned due to a malfunctioning led in one of the filter switches, but was otherwise fine. The second unit was a floor model which was fine. All 3 behaved the same.

That´s strange .....   Does turning "Vintage" knob to 4 anything to sound better ?
If it´s a 1.5.2 OS bug some more users would report about it .  I guess ....    : /
OS 1.5.2. downloaded 326 times at this moment ......
Mine P-10 with OS 1.5.2. has no tuning issues  ( knock on wood ....  )

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2021, 10:08:14 AM »

That´s strange .....   Does turning "Vintage" knob to 4 anything to sound better ?
If it´s a 1.5.2 OS bug some more users would report about it .  I guess ....    : /
OS 1.5.2. downloaded 326 times at this moment ......
Mine P-10 with OS 1.5.2. has no tuning issues  ( knock on wood ....  )

Cheers !

By the way OS 1.5.2 also can be downloaded from the support website. Not only from here.
My P10 is working flawlessly.

Micky

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2021, 12:24:35 AM »
No calibration possible .....   ???
Tried different pedals .....  :P   Same stepping in filter cutoff ....   >:(
Smooth filter with front panel knob, no stepping ....   :D

Se this tread for more on the subject :

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php?topic=5040.0

Cheers !

Like i wrote in the other thread...

Using the P10-cutoff-knob everything is o.k.
Using the P 10 -Pedal to trigger the cutoff of my OB6 or P6 everything is also o.k.

Because of this i think, it has to be possible to fix that issue and please, not so far...

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2021, 02:32:20 AM »
No calibration possible .....   ???
Tried different pedals .....  :P   Same stepping in filter cutoff ....   >:(
Smooth filter with front panel knob, no stepping ....   :D

Se this tread for more on the subject :

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php?topic=5040.0

Cheers !

Like i wrote in the other thread...

Using the P10-cutoff-knob everything is o.k.
Using the P 10 -Pedal to trigger the cutoff of my OB6 or P6 everything is also o.k.

Because of this i think, it has to be possible to fix that issue and please, not so far...

Been in contact with support about this, and it´s "in the bug fix pipeline" so to speak ....
Lets hope 4 the best that it´s solved in next OS upgrade   :)

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2021, 05:11:05 AM »
Unsure if this is a bug for 1.5.2, but I never noticed this behavior before the update.

The program select buttons on my P5 are not working every time. It's not a single button that is the issue, but all 8 of them, so it's not just a faulty switch. You'll hear the mechanical click, but the program won't change, sometimes it takes 3-4 clicks before it takes. This happens consistently on all 8 buttons.

hello all

i have the same thing ! (i have original o.s)
and sometimes the panel does not react when switching on, I have to restart it for this to be resolved .
the keys have "weird jumps " sometimes, instabilities
i'm afraid about fiability on long way..
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 05:13:57 AM by Gustave »

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2021, 05:25:03 AM »
I also have the problem of buttons, but I have only noticed it on button 3 and 5 (also happened 1 time on tune button).

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2021, 04:33:01 AM »
Oh... I just posted a thread about the button problem, thought nobody else had it (didn't see anyone on GS report it?) so I'll paste it here - mods feel free to delete the other post at least I know I'm not alone so it must be a scanning bug in the software. It was fine for ages, I've done one FW update so prob came in after that - I'm on 1.5.0 so I guess I should update to 1.5.2 soon to see if that fixed it (and reset everything).

Prophet 10 Rev 4 (Keyboard) | Trigon-6 (Keyboard) | OB-6 (Keyboard)

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2022, 12:57:09 PM »
Sometimes, when I push the pitch bend wheel all the way up, the sound will suddenly become very loud and distorted. It is like this on every patch. I have to retune or turn the synth off and on to correct it. The pitch bend is triggering something that throws the entire instrument out of order. I still have the original OS, so maybe this has been addressed. I need to update the OS.

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2022, 02:42:18 AM »
I also have the problem of buttons, but I have only noticed it on button 3 and 5 (also happened 1 time on tune button).

Update: in my case the issue seems to be solved by the last firmware. Never had the problem since I made it.

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2022, 10:07:15 PM »
Sometimes, when I push the pitch bend wheel all the way up, the sound will suddenly become very loud and distorted. It is like this on every patch. I have to retune or turn the synth off and on to correct it. The pitch bend is triggering something that throws the entire instrument out of order. I still have the original OS, so maybe this has been addressed. I need to update the OS.

Now I've updated to the latest firmware, and I still have this problem. It's not just the pitch bend wheel. It's also the modulation wheel. On random occasions, turning either wheel all the way up will trigger distortion, like clipping from too much gain. The distortion remains after the wheels are released. If I turn the volume knob all the way down to zero, and then turn it back up (I usually have it at nine or ten o clock), the distortion goes away. I'll be able to use the pitch and mod wheels normally as long as I stay on that patch. They might remain OK when I switch to another patch, or another after that. But eventually, the problem happens again. The longer the synth is on, and the more I use the wheels, the less often it happens.

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2022, 03:00:12 PM »
Hello all
I always have this problem of buttons that do not react
it does especially when I'm not using the synth for a long time
my o.s is original 1.5.0 and 1.1.0 for panel
but it's frankly shameful for a new synth over 3000 €! there are no other words!
I'll try to update and if it happens again I'll run the warranty
frankly disappointed because I really like this instrument but it is not reliable

Edit:
i have installed the 2.0.1 o.s and 1.1.1 panel firmwares
but there is still the problem :((
i think its because of ITT switchs, because when i press several times on it the problem disappears ! it's seems they are  bad contact..
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 03:51:12 PM by Gustave »

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2022, 01:02:30 AM »
It’s well documented that the switches do this and are self cleaning. It is detailed in the “troubleshooting” pinned thread. Press the button 100 times or so to clean the contact and it works fine.

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2022, 07:00:28 AM »
sorry but it's not ordinary to press repeatedly on a new contactor for it to work correctly
simply unacceptable

g3o2

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2022, 01:42:00 PM »
sorry but it's not ordinary to press repeatedly on a new contactor for it to work correctly
simply unacceptable

Look on the bright side: at least it will go away. As long as you don’t need to send it back in, it’s all perfectly acceptable.

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2022, 03:42:44 AM »
….
it does especially when I'm not using the synth for a long time
my o.s is original 1.5.0 and 1.1.0 for panel
but it's frankly shameful for a new synth over 3000 €! there are no other words!
….

Tongue-in-cheek: it‘s just the punishment for not using this grand synth for a long time. ::)

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2022, 02:13:11 AM »
Has anybody reported the bugs/issues to Sequential? If so, what did they reply please?
I haven't made the update yet because of those issues and I'm wondering if they are going to correct them "soon" or not.
Thanks!

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2022, 05:59:56 AM »
Has anybody reported the bugs/issues to Sequential? If so, what did they reply please?
I haven't made the update yet because of those issues and I'm wondering if they are going to correct them "soon" or not.
Thanks!

Well, the updates fixed all the bugs. Running the lasted firmware and happily enjoying my synth.

« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2022, 03:02:46 AM »
Thanks for your answer.
I don't know, for example I was talking about the velocity level that isn't recorded when saving a patch.
Is that fixed?

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2022, 11:13:57 AM »
Velocity and aftertouch amounts don't save to my patches, after the latest update. Does this work properly for anyone out there? Should i reinstall firmware or something? Is this being worked out?