OS 1.5.2 Bug Report List

OS 1.5.2 Bug Report List
« on: May 25, 2021, 09:33:46 PM »
Lets consolidate the bugs into one thread. To make it easy for them to find, evaluate and address.

Re: OS 1.5.2 Bug Report List
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2021, 01:53:59 AM »
Lets consolidate the bugs into one thread. To make it easy for them to find, evaluate and address.

To make it easy for them to see and address, submit your bug reports directly to Sequential support. Otherwise there’s a chance they’ll go unread.

Via support, they are able to easily ask further questions to help locate and replicate any bugs.

By all means collate them here for users to see, but also always log them with support.

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2021, 11:05:17 AM »

To make it easy for them to see and address, submit your bug reports directly to Sequential support. Otherwise there’s a chance they’ll go unread.

Via support, they are able to easily ask further questions to help locate and replicate any bugs.

By all means collate them here for users to see, but also always log them with support.
Agreed Quatschmacher, I was thinking we should have just one place we all share our bug reports as maybe some are not bugs at all and we all help each other validate, or fix suspected bug. Instead of having them scattered all through the forums. Hopefully it helps. Start with your bug here, if others can duplicate the issue, then we know its a bug worthy of reporting to Sequential Support. And if not, then we can all help solve the issue for the poster. (maybe)

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2021, 11:12:27 PM »
I found something very minimal and no big deal at all, but still, wanted to find out here if others do this too. Please check and let me know -

In the manual Alt Tuning setting "Normal" is suppose to be these characters in the LED screen: "n0L" for "normal" (please see screenshot of manual)

But when I go to this setting in the P10, mine reads with the bottom of the 0 missing, so it looks like a big "n". lol. nNL. (please see screenshot of my menu in my P10) .  I tested my display and that digit has the capabilities cause it displays a "2" just fine.

Does anyone else's do this ?

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2021, 02:37:37 AM »
In the manual Alt Tuning setting "Normal" is suppose to be these characters in the LED screen: "n0L" for "normal" (please see screenshot of manual)
Yep, same here.

Micky

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2021, 01:40:30 PM »
A real and big bug (for such a great, musically synthesizer like the prophet 5/10) is the steppy behavior of the (filter-)pedal ...

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2021, 02:56:44 PM »
A real and big bug (for such a great, musically synthesizer like the prophet 5/10) is the steppy behavior of the (filter-)pedal ...

Except it’s not a bug but a deliberate design feature intended to make tuning exactly to semitones possible.

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2021, 03:39:56 PM »
Yep, same here.
Thanks for confirming SerErris. This is indeed a confirmed bug. Though less serious. Still good to know and hopefully have fixed one day. I will email about this one. Anyone else care to, please do as well.

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2021, 01:10:47 AM »
Yep, same here.
Thanks for confirming SerErris. This is indeed a confirmed bug. Though less serious. Still good to know and hopefully have fixed one day. I will email about this one. Anyone else care to, please do as well.

The same issue is present on pedal mode and alt tuning

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2021, 01:26:11 AM »
The same issue is present on pedal mode and alt tuning
Good find ! You're right. So apparently every time they try to do the NOL for NOrmaL like they said it is in the manual, they have accidentally omitted that bottom line in that character to make the O. And I know they can, cause that same LED digit displays a "2" just fine and a 2 has that bottom line.

Small overlook, but might as well bring it to their attention. IDC either way really, but they should either change the manual to match the display, or fix that digit in the display. Cause they should match, it is confusing at first.

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2021, 07:05:13 AM »

Except it’s not a bug but a deliberate design feature intended to make tuning exactly to semitones possible.

It´s a bug, and we´re not talking about semitones ... It´s about the stepping in cutoff filter when using
a expression pedal  .....   Really annoying behavior   >:(

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2021, 12:04:24 AM »
It´s a bug, and we´re not talking about semitones ... It´s about the stepping in cutoff filter when using

Ohh, that, yes I know what you are talking about. Sorry, I looked over the fact you said "pedal" - lol My bad. Yes you are correct, that is a bug - Now Listed here, thanks !

Do you know if there are ways to calibrate the pedal resolution to give you a slight workaround for now ?

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2021, 12:29:14 AM »
No calibration possible .....   ???
Tried different pedals .....  :P   Same stepping in filter cutoff ....   >:(
Smooth filter with front panel knob, no stepping ....   :D

Se this tread for more on the subject :

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php?topic=5040.0

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2021, 03:35:59 AM »

Cheers !

Ah, sorry, I overlooked the word “pedal” in the description and mistakenly thought the poster was talking about the cutoff knob. Apologies.

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2021, 01:18:13 PM »
Ah, sorry, I overlooked the word “pedal” in the description and mistakenly thought the poster was talking about the cutoff knob. Apologies.
Haha, yea me too ! That said, in my defense I immediately thought that, because it is a common complaint and I have to admit, I do know it is by design, but I do which the cutoff knob wasn't stepped either ! I mean, if he made a vintage knob, and alt tunings settings, etc.. (which was not part of a original design) then its not going too far base to make a Global setting that would change the cutoff knob's behavior from "P5" to "Linear"/"Smooth" whatever he wants to call it.

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2021, 02:34:04 AM »
Verified Bug: Rev.3 Filter has tracking issues (considerably and unmusically out of tune) in the upper registers compared to Rev.1/2 Filters. This is in 5 voice, 10 voice, P5 and RR allocations.

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2021, 09:40:49 AM »
Unsure if this is a bug for 1.5.2, but I never noticed this behavior before the update.

The program select buttons on my P5 are not working every time. It's not a single button that is the issue, but all 8 of them, so it's not just a faulty switch. You'll hear the mechanical click, but the program won't change, sometimes it takes 3-4 clicks before it takes. This happens consistently on all 8 buttons.

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2021, 05:40:36 PM »
My brand new Prophet 10 is completely bricked after updating. I feel so incredibly mad/sad right now. This is just terrible.

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2021, 11:04:40 AM »
Prophet 10 goes out of tune after being on for a while. This happens even after being tuned after warm up. Sometimes switching patches causes the first few voices to be massively out of tune while the rest of the voices stay in tune. Only fix is tu re tune. This didn’t happen under 1.5.0. This is my third unit due to being lent floor models until a new one arrived. All 3 have done the same thing after updating.

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2021, 11:27:19 AM »
Prophet 10 goes out of tune after being on for a while. This happens even after being tuned after warm up. Sometimes switching patches causes the first few voices to be massively out of tune while the rest of the voices stay in tune. Only fix is tu re tune. This didn’t happen under 1.5.0. This is my third unit due to being lent floor models until a new one arrived. All 3 have done the same thing after updating.

Did you "Calibrate the oscillators and filters" as per page 5 in the Manual ?
Does the temperature in your room fluctuate much ?  Air conditioner ?

Cheers !