The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

OS 1.5.2 Bug Report List

Re: OS 1.5.2 Bug Report List
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2021, 09:50:27 AM »
Did you "Calibrate the oscillators and filters" as per page 5 in the Manual ?
Does the temperature in your room fluctuate much ?  Air conditioner ?

The room is at a constant 70 degrees. I do calibrate it as per page 5, as it is usually slightly out of tune overall after it warms up. Then after playing a while, usually after switching patches, a couple of voices will go out of tune like they lost the calibration settings. By out of tune, I mean very out of tune, almost not tracking the keyboard, while the majority of the voices stay perfectly in tune. I know this because unison patches are in tune unless unison is 8 or more. In poly mode most voices are in tune with a couple of notes playing massively out of tune. Re calibrating by pressing tune fixes the problem. It can’t be my unit. As I stated, all 3 units I have had did exactly the same thing. All 3 had 1.5.0 when I received them which I used for a few days with no problems. All 3 after updating to 1.5.2 started doing this right away. The unit I have now is a new out of box unit. I had a previous new out of box unit which was returned due to a malfunctioning led in one of the filter switches, but was otherwise fine. The second unit was a floor model which was fine. All 3 behaved the same.

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2021, 11:55:18 AM »

The room is at a constant 70 degrees. I do calibrate it as per page 5, as it is usually slightly out of tune overall after it warms up. Then after playing a while, usually after switching patches, a couple of voices will go out of tune like they lost the calibration settings. By out of tune, I mean very out of tune, almost not tracking the keyboard, while the majority of the voices stay perfectly in tune. I know this because unison patches are in tune unless unison is 8 or more. In poly mode most voices are in tune with a couple of notes playing massively out of tune. Re calibrating by pressing tune fixes the problem. It can’t be my unit. As I stated, all 3 units I have had did exactly the same thing. All 3 had 1.5.0 when I received them which I used for a few days with no problems. All 3 after updating to 1.5.2 started doing this right away. The unit I have now is a new out of box unit. I had a previous new out of box unit which was returned due to a malfunctioning led in one of the filter switches, but was otherwise fine. The second unit was a floor model which was fine. All 3 behaved the same.

Thatīs strange .....   Does turning "Vintage" knob to 4 anything to sound better ?
If itīs a 1.5.2 OS bug some more users would report about it .  I guess ....    : /
OS 1.5.2. downloaded 326 times at this moment ......
Mine P-10 with OS 1.5.2. has no tuning issues  ( knock on wood ....  )

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1978 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 //

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2021, 10:08:14 AM »

Thatīs strange .....   Does turning "Vintage" knob to 4 anything to sound better ?
If itīs a 1.5.2 OS bug some more users would report about it .  I guess ....    : /
OS 1.5.2. downloaded 326 times at this moment ......
Mine P-10 with OS 1.5.2. has no tuning issues  ( knock on wood ....  )

Cheers !

By the way OS 1.5.2 also can be downloaded from the support website. Not only from here.
My P10 is working flawlessly.

Micky

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2021, 12:24:35 AM »
No calibration possible .....   ???
Tried different pedals .....  :P   Same stepping in filter cutoff ....   >:(
Smooth filter with front panel knob, no stepping ....   :D

Se this tread for more on the subject :

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php?topic=5040.0

Cheers !

Like i wrote in the other thread...

Using the P10-cutoff-knob everything is o.k.
Using the P 10 -Pedal to trigger the cutoff of my OB6 or P6 everything is also o.k.

Because of this i think, it has to be possible to fix that issue and please, not so far...

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2021, 02:32:20 AM »
No calibration possible .....   ???
Tried different pedals .....  :P   Same stepping in filter cutoff ....   >:(
Smooth filter with front panel knob, no stepping ....   :D

Se this tread for more on the subject :

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php?topic=5040.0

Cheers !

Like i wrote in the other thread...

Using the P10-cutoff-knob everything is o.k.
Using the P 10 -Pedal to trigger the cutoff of my OB6 or P6 everything is also o.k.

Because of this i think, it has to be possible to fix that issue and please, not so far...

Been in contact with support about this, and itīs "in the bug fix pipeline" so to speak ....
Lets hope 4 the best that itīs solved in next OS upgrade   :)

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1978 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 //