Alternate Tuning: changeable implied tonic

Alternate Tuning: changeable implied tonic
« on: May 24, 2021, 04:12:09 PM »
Hello,
I'm very excited to use the built-in alternate tunings in my OB-6. However, with just intonation, the entire tuning systems are based around harmonic ratios of a single implied tonic.
Without the ability to change that tonic, you're only able to work in one tonic key with each just intonation alternate tuning preset (Mostly C and A... horrible keys for electronic music). It would be amazing to be able to change this fundamental tonic frequency, around which all the other notes in the alt tuning are relatively tuned to.

My first idea for a work around was to just pitch-bend up or down... but it turns out that the OB-6 quantizes pitch bends to the closest alternate tuning note! 

I would like to be able to use our alternate tunings in any tonic / key derived from our common Equal Temperament... Maybe this would be an option to add as a global parameter? Being able to change the implied tonic of the various intonations in the alternate tunings section would open huge creative possibilities on this synth.

Thank you so much, and if anybody else has ideas for work arounds I'm open!

Best,
-Encanti