Prophet 10, 5 voice mode

Prophet 10, 5 voice mode
« on: May 23, 2021, 10:09:59 PM »
I was told the Prophet 10's latest OS release allows for a 5 voice setting, turning the P10 into a P5 literally.
Looking everywhere for this setting on my new P10 and I see it nowhere. I have Main OS v1.5.2, Panel OS 1.1.0.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks !

Re: Prophet 10, 5 voice mode
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 12:06:35 AM »
You will need to access the hidden third row of Global settings.

Go to the "Newest Prophet 5/10 OS 1.5.2" sticky post at the top of the forum page.

Scroll down to 1.5.0. You will find the info there.  :)

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 10:22:55 AM »

Go to the "Newest Prophet 5/10 OS 1.5.2" sticky post at the top of the forum page.

Ahhh ! Thank you sir !

And this is a good example of why in another thread I was saying how Sequential should have these updates and change logs on their site, as now I see it very important to go back to change logs and copy and paste newer instructions into the manual. Cause my manual don't have this and they are not appending it to the manual it seems.

Thanks again !

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 12:58:31 PM »
   I asked for this months ago .......

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,5124.0.html

Cheers !
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 02:03:44 PM »
   I asked for this months ago .......

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,5124.0.html

Cheers !
And considering everything is doable via .pdf now a days, seems pretty simple and cheap to do. We aint asking to make new physical manuals and mail them out every time. No, just simply make a amended version via .pdf and keep it updated on the site's product support pages for download.

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 03:37:28 PM »

Ahhh ! Thank you sir !

And this is a good example of why in another thread I was saying how Sequential should have these updates and change logs on their site, as now I see it very important to go back to change logs and copy and paste newer instructions into the manual. Cause my manual don't have this and they are not appending it to the manual it seems.

Thanks again !

No worries!

Re:manual updates. The Prophet 6 manual has received incremental revisions over the last few years,downloadable as a pdf. I'm guessing the same will happen with the Prophet 5/10 manual.  :)

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2021, 05:50:09 PM »
No worries!

Re:manual updates. The Prophet 6 manual has received incremental revisions over the last few years,downloadable as a pdf. I'm guessing the same will happen with the Prophet 5/10 manual.  :)
Yea, hoping so. I figure they will as well. They are just lagging on it is all.
That said, I do want to point out that even on the P6's support page, they only list the "latest OS". They should have all released OS's logged with detailed change logs explaining what each OS did.

Especially on something like the P10 now, how we are in Beta releases, they need to offer the ability to revert to a older OS in the rare case a Beta version screws you up. So with that, the ability to read what each OS did so we know where we want to revert to if such a occasion ever arrises.