Aftertouch response

Aftertouch response
« on: May 15, 2021, 08:47:15 AM »
Hello everyone. sorry if this was discussed before but i couldn't find a thread for it
Somehow the aftertouch (pressure) only behaves in an ON/OFF manner. i'm trying to apply it to several different destinations (cutoff or LFO amount for example) but somehow it only opens fully when i press it and closes fully when i reduce the pressure on the key. Other keyboards that i tried aftertouch on (Sub37 & Nord Stage 3 Compact) gradually apply the aftertouch as i press the key harder and harder which allows for more expressiveness while playing. Has anyone else experienced that?

Re: Aftertouch response
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 09:24:32 AM »
Hello everyone. sorry if this was discussed before but i couldn't find a thread for it
Somehow the aftertouch (pressure) only behaves in an ON/OFF manner. i'm trying to apply it to several different destinations (cutoff or LFO amount for example) but somehow it only opens fully when i press it and closes fully when i reduce the pressure on the key. Other keyboards that i tried aftertouch on (Sub37 & Nord Stage 3 Compact) gradually apply the aftertouch as i press the key harder and harder which allows for more expressiveness while playing. Has anyone else experienced that?

That doesn't sound right.  Aftertouch has lots of variation on my keybed... I use it in virtually every patch.   I would send a msg to support... they should be able to help troubleshoot it / find a solution. 

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 11:52:06 AM »

That doesn't sound right.  Aftertouch has lots of variation on my keybed... I use it in virtually every patch.   I would send a msg to support... they should be able to help troubleshoot it / find a solution.

Does the aftertouch curve effect that in anyway? i don't seem to find any difference in all four of them

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 08:22:53 PM »
Aftertouch can be--touchy. No pun intended. The AT on the PRO 3 seems fine to me, not really different than any other Fatar board. It CAN be expressive, but very often the values do jump up to maximum very quickly, which is why I am not always the biggest fan of it, despite being a keyboard player. It has it uses, but on the Pro 3 you also have velocity, the pitch and mod wheel, AND also the touch strip which is really cool. This board has lots of possibilities for modulation not just with the AT.

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 01:46:08 AM »
Aftertouch can be--touchy. No pun intended. The AT on the PRO 3 seems fine to me, not really different than any other Fatar board. It CAN be expressive, but very often the values do jump up to maximum very quickly, which is why I am not always the biggest fan of it, despite being a keyboard player. It has it uses, but on the Pro 3 you also have velocity, the pitch and mod wheel, AND also the touch strip which is really cool. This board has lots of possibilities for modulation not just with the AT.
Agree, each keyboardist is different and we use expression tools differently. However, This keyboard (to me) is a performance tool and aftertouch expression is one of the things that sets it apart from other boards that don't have this feature. I'm actually sending it back all the way to Thomann in Germany (I live in Bahrain) to be repaired for other issues that were discussed here before (would probably end up changing the mother board). I've already fallen out of love with it and will try to sell it once it's repaired. Such a pity that a board with so much potential has so many problems :(
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 01:47:47 AM by Alshamlan77 »