The Six-Trak Thread

The Six-Trak Thread
« on: May 07, 2021, 04:14:43 PM »
I felt motivated to start a thread about the synth that destroyed my posture.

I own and have used several other Sequential/DSI products yet I still love this quirky synth.
Anyone else?

P.S.: Thought it might be an interesting challenge to see who can come up with the best "song" via SYX dumps. I surely would not win :D

Re: The Six-Trak Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 01:51:20 PM »
I'm brand new to this forum, so this is my first post. I've been a Six-Trak man since 1986! It's been the core of my home studio sound all these years.

I've experimented with the sequencer and arpeggiator, but I've never actually used them in my recordings. I just love the SOUNDS this synth can make!!! The programming, IMO, is only a pain if you need to tweak parameters live.

Rather than start a new thread just yet, I'll ask this question here: Has anyone had extensive experience with the Six-Trak AND the MultiTrak? I get that the features are different - I'm only interested in a sound comparison. As I understand it, they both use the same Curtis CEM3394 "synth on a chip," but that doesn't automatically mean they sound alike (I'm guessing; I'm not an "under-the-hood" guy!). And I've been burned by effects pedals that allegedly use the same circuitry as the original pedal they're trying to duplicate (often by the same maker - I'm looking at YOU, EHX!) but they do NOT sound like the original.

So...who's had real hands-on experience with the Six-Trak AND MultiTrak, are they or are they not identical-sounding, and if not, which do you prefer sound-wise?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 02:30:23 PM by Six-Trak Lover »

Cole

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 12:42:43 PM »
Anyone selling custom patches for the six trak?

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2023, 04:02:41 PM »
Seems very quiet on this page, but maybe I'll get  kind response. I'm trying to put my Six-Trak back into my active setup, but really need faster parameter control than using the menu. I bought a small MIDI CC controller (Evolution X-Session) that I've seen with it. But I'm having trouble getting it to talk to the Six-Trak. Has anyone successfully connected a CC controller, not counting the Stereoping box? Thanks!