Pro 3 clock in/sequencer confusion

Pro 3 clock in/sequencer confusion
« on: May 04, 2021, 08:47:06 AM »
So I want to set my Pro 3 as the slave to either a digitakt or mpc live and when I do so am I unable to play the Pro 3's internal sequencer.  Is this is how it is supposed to be?  How can I clock my other gear's tempo to the pro 3 while still using the Pro 3's sequencer. q

Re: Pro 3 clock in/sequencer confusion
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 10:25:23 AM »
So I want to set my Pro 3 as the slave to either a digitakt or mpc live and when I do so am I unable to play the Pro 3's internal sequencer.  Is this is how it is supposed to be?  How can I clock my other gear's tempo to the pro 3 while still using the Pro 3's sequencer. q

It should work.   Are you on the latest O.S.?   

In Global MIDI settings, the options for Clock include "MIDI IN / SLAVE"   and "MIDI IN/SLAVE no S/S"   If you want your external gear to start the Pro 3 sequencer via MIDI start stop messages, choose the first option.  If you want the Pro 3 to just receive clock signal (BPM), but not start and stop with external MIDI signals, choose the "no S/S" option.

I have run my Pro 3 as a slave to TR8-S and MPC-X, and works well.   I usually operate in the "no S/S" mode, as I like to be able to manually start the P3 sequencer for specific groove/timing with beat. 

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 04:15:40 AM »
I would really love to see in sequential synths what roland calls AUTO.
This means, without external midi clock you can use your synth as master, e.g. start/stop sequencer, set bpm, etc. As soon as external midi clock detected synth goes to slave mode.

In particular I find this very useful, if you just want to play with a synth a little.. It is quite annoying to go to Globals and change settings every time.

andoru2001

• Andrew Clark
    • Analog Wake
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021, 04:11:27 AM »
I would really love to see in sequential synths what roland calls AUTO.
This means, without external midi clock you can use your synth as master, e.g. start/stop sequencer, set bpm, etc. As soon as external midi clock detected synth goes to slave mode.

In particular I find this very useful, if you just want to play with a synth a little.. It is quite annoying to go to Globals and change settings every time.

Agreed!  This would be huge.
Pro 3, TR-8S, DFAM, Yamaha MX61, Korg Volcas, Logic Pro X, Arturia Prophet VST