LFO Troubles

LFO Troubles
« on: May 02, 2021, 10:25:39 AM »
Hey everyone, first post here - happy to be a part of this community!

I purchased a Prophet X used last week and while I absolutely love it there are some things about the LFOs that are different from what I'm used to. One seems to have been resolved in a previous firmware update - however, the issue persists on my device so I'm hoping for some clarity here. I haven't been able to get in touch with Sequential support for over a week; this is likely due to the big announcement they've made this week and I'm not sure when they will be reachable again so I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me. I am running the Beta firmware 2.2.0.0.5

- Issue #1 (was addressed in an earlier firmware update but hasn't taken on my instrument): When key synced, all LFOs will reset upon a keypress. I'm wondering if I possibly need to go back and install that firmware update and then update it again to 2.2.0.0.5? This instrument was on 1.0 when I brought it home and I went straight to 2.2. If so does anyone have the .bin files for older firmwares?

- Issue #2: Not sure if this one is by design or not. Let's say I have 2 square wave LFOs running at different speeds and modulating the pitch of a single oscillator - one is modulating it to jump a fifth (value of 84), and one is modulating it to jump an octave (value of 110). When they hit separately, they will do just that - a fifth and an octave. However, when they hit together the result is an octave and a third, rather than an octave and a fifth. This also checks out if you set the value to 194 by using the mod matrix. This is different for me as I have owned a Rev2 and those values would just add up because the scale seemed to be something like a modulation value of 8 per half step. On the instrument I have in front of me, not only are the values not the same per half step, but the values don't seem to be increasing by a formula that I can figure out. 84/7 (half steps in a fifth) = 12, 110/12 (half steps in an octave) =9.16, and 194/16 (half steps in an octave and a major third) = 12.125 - so you can see there's some sort of negative curve there.

I guess my question is does it work this way on everyone's unit? I'm just trying to make sure I don't have something here that will need a repair.

Thanks everyone!

-impaaaaact