Prophet 6 librarian-creating user banks

Prophet 6 librarian-creating user banks
« on: May 01, 2021, 05:53:22 PM »
Hello
I ordered a prophet 6 which i ll receive next week.
I d like to find a librarian that can manage all of my sounds and soundbanks  in a way that i ll be able to create my own banks with selected presets from each bank.
Which one do you suggest?codeknobs-soundtower or the free "The KnobKraft Orm - The free modern cross-platform MIDI Sysex Librarian'  ?

Thanks

Re: Prophet 6 librarian-creating user banks
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 07:02:50 AM »
I tried the Knobcraft librarian a couple of months ago. It didn’t recognise my P6 so I think I’ll be sticking with the Soundtower editor ... the standalone one, that is.

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 01:12:04 PM »
I tried the Knobcraft librarian a couple of months ago. It didn’t recognise my P6 so I think I’ll be sticking with the Soundtower editor ... the standalone one, that is.

Keith

So you can make your own soundbank with selected presets from other soundbanks with soundtower?

Has anyone tried codeknobs?

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2021, 06:57:11 AM »

So you can make your own soundbank with selected presets from other soundbanks with soundtower?

The only way to do this with Soundtower, as far as I know, is to copy presets one by one from bank to bank. Pretty tedious after the 40th preset or so. I don’t know about codeknobs.

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2021, 03:23:13 PM »

The only way to do this with Soundtower, as far as I know, is to copy presets one by one from bank to bank. Pretty tedious after the 40th preset or so. I don’t know about codeknobs.

Keith

Apparently I was mistaken. According to Creativespiral in this thread: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,5314.0.html, you can specifiy which bank a set of presets will go to using Soundtower. I'll be checking that one out shortly.

Keith

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 05:17:49 PM »

Keith

Apparently I was mistaken. According to Creativespiral in this thread: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,5314.0.html, you can specifiy which bank a set of presets will go to using Soundtower. I'll be checking that one out shortly.

Keith

ok,thanks

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2022, 12:53:05 PM »
Not sure if this would help at all.

I wrote this Prophet 6 sound librarian app so I could easily organize, rename, save, transfer patches.  Only tested it on my Mac.

Open source and free.

https://github.com/eclewlow/Prophet6SoundLibrarian/releases

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2022, 07:41:41 AM »
Not sure if this would help at all.

I wrote this Prophet 6 sound librarian app so I could easily organize, rename, save, transfer patches.  Only tested it on my Mac.

Open source and free.

https://github.com/eclewlow/Prophet6SoundLibrarian/releases

Cool! I’ll be looking at this later today.

Keith

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2022, 07:16:32 AM »
Hello
I ordered a prophet 6 which i ll receive next week.
I d like to find a librarian that can manage all of my sounds and soundbanks  in a way that i ll be able to create my own banks with selected presets from each bank.
Which one do you suggest?codeknobs-soundtower or the free "The KnobKraft Orm - The free modern cross-platform MIDI Sysex Librarian'  ?

Thanks

I paid for the CodeKnobs version. In my experience it's not very good and the customer service has been non-existent, despite a couple of emails and questions on this forum. Wish I'd gone with the SoundTower version. The CodeKnobs does work, but it highjacks my Midiports and creates new Midiport instruments every time I used it. I ended up with about 20 of them...

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2022, 10:02:59 AM »
patchup.app was designed for patch management and it's free. It's Windows 10/11 only though.