(HELP) Alt Tunings with ODDSOUNDS

(HELP) Alt Tunings with ODDSOUNDS
« on: May 01, 2021, 01:56:56 AM »
Hello,

I've just purchased a P10 module, which has 63 alt tunings (from manual should be 16????) and I'm trying to send my user ones to the synth via ODDSOUNDS software. This send MTS SysEx dump (I assume has the same format of P6 and OB6), but it doesn't work. I think I'm missing something in the procedure.

I also tried to dump it via SysEx, but doesn't work. What is it supposed to override? the selected scale at the moment of the dump?

Re: (HELP) Alt Tunings with ODDSOUNDS
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 03:20:28 PM »
Hello,

I've just purchased a P10 module, which has 63 alt tunings (from manual should be 16????) and I'm trying to send my user ones to the synth via ODDSOUNDS software. This send MTS SysEx dump (I assume has the same format of P6 and OB6), but it doesn't work. I think I'm missing something in the procedure.

I also tried to dump it via SysEx, but doesn't work. What is it supposed to override? the selected scale at the moment of the dump?

I've been trying to do this same thing today with ODDsound and a Prophet-10 module, no luck.

MIDI sysex is set to midi in the Globals menu on the Prophet-10.
Tried preset configs in ODDSound for OB-6, Prophet-6, REV-2, etc. (All of these are BULK format, DEVICE ID 1).
Tried changing the alternate tuning bank to one of the 1-16 slots.
My Novation Peak works like a charm with ODDsound, it updates tuning systems in real time.

There's no mention of MTS support in the prophet-10 manual, though I really hope it has it, or at the very least gets implemented.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 03:27:57 PM by backdoorranky »

Pym

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 05:08:17 PM »
None of our instruments have MTS support but I have talked with the Oddsound guys about implementing it and made a bit of progress. If I do this (and it's still an "if") it will go to the P6/OB6 first

Hello,

I've been trying to do this same thing today with ODDsound and a Prophet-10 module, no luck.

MIDI sysex is set to midi in the Globals menu on the Prophet-10.
Tried preset configs in ODDSound for OB-6, Prophet-6, REV-2, etc. (All of these are BULK format, DEVICE ID 1).
Tried changing the alternate tuning bank to one of the 1-16 slots.
My Novation Peak works like a charm with ODDsound, it updates tuning systems in real time.

There's no mention of MTS support in the prophet-10 manual, though I really hope it has it, or at the very least gets implemented.
Sequential

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 08:22:09 AM »
None of our instruments have MTS support but I have talked with the Oddsound guys about implementing it and made a bit of progress. If I do this (and it's still an "if") it will go to the P6/OB6 first

Thank you for the info. MTS support would be excellent!  8)