Doubting between prophet 5 and prophet 10 module

Re: Doubting between prophet 5 and prophet 10 module
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2023, 02:20:23 AM »
10 all the way, you can easily put it in 5-voice mode if you want the original experience. PU2 mode and stack/split is definitely worth having on the 10.

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2023, 05:15:25 AM »
(Trigon aside) the P10 is really the bookend of Dave's legacy, and to be fair if someone is already considering a P10 module, you might as well wait a bit longer and get the keys if you have the space!

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2023, 02:04:58 AM »
I started out with 5 voices (keyboard) as I don’t play piano at analog synths but synth and no octaves in left hand. 5 voices was enough… until firmware 2.0 when stack and split mode introduced. Then I added a second voice card.

5 voices are still enough to me, but having the option to stack voices needs 10 voices. There is a setting to use just 5 voices with a 10 voice equipped Prophet to get the characteristic Prophet 5 sound with the voice steal but of course not the opposite to get more voices from a 5 voice machine without adding an extra voice card.

My recommendation is to go with 10 voices even if you don’t use more than 5 to get the option to stack and split voices in a better way. You still can turn off 5 voices if you want.