PXToolkit 1.2 - keeping up with the times

PXToolkit 1.2 - keeping up with the times
« on: April 24, 2021, 06:29:57 PM »
Some of you may have noticed a new PXToolkit update appeared this past week.  Version 1.2.0a is mostly a collection of minor bug fixes and migrating to the latest versions of some of the development tools I rely on, but there are a few tidbits that might be of interest:

• Installing on newer macOS versions should be simpler, as the builds are now fully signed and notarized by Apple.  This means they scan each new release and give it a clean bill of health before it goes up.  Dire warnings about not trusting software from unknown sources should be kept to a bare minimum.
  • The support for M1-based Macs is now a first-class citizen, though still a separate download.  I'm now doing all my development work on one of these speedy beasts, and everything appears to be in good working order.
  • Today I added a download for Windows on ARM.  More of these systems are starting to make an appearance, so I thought it was about time to provide native support.  It's currently listed as an experimental build but I'm not actually aware of any problems.  If you try it out please let me know how it works for you!

Re: PXToolkit 1.2 - keeping up with the times
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 01:33:10 AM »
Fantastic ! Thanks again
PT10/12HD, Logic X, Digital Performer, Vienna Ensemble Pro
cMP 5,1 Catalina; MacBook Pro

J_P_P

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 12:38:14 PM »
Thanks !  :)

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 09:52:44 AM »
Thanks very much. You have achieved what 8dio couldn't.
Prophet X. Prophet 12 Module. Prophet 6 Module. Ob-6 Module. Trigon-6 Module. Eventide H9000R (x2). Tegeler Audio Schwerkraftmaschine / Raumzeitmaschine / Creme RC (x3). Bettermaker Mastering Limiter, Mastering EQ, Mastering Compressor. Avid S3.
Mac Studio. Logic.

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 07:10:27 AM »
I’d like to add my thanks for this software. Long ago, in another life, I was a chemist/physicist at a local university and wrote a program for doing nuclear spin calculations. I was especially aware that lots of open source software had less than adequate documentation so I made sure to spend time writing a very complete manual. I’m not a chemist any more but I’m still working on the software ... in fact I just updated it a couple of days ago.

May I say that your documentation is very well done. Even thought I’m a complete noob at sampling for the PX and haven’t yet given it a go, I feel confident that I’ll be able to get it.

Cheers,

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 06:42:03 PM »
Thanks, all!  It's gratifying to periodically check activity and see that PXToolkit and the VCO Pack are still being downloaded on a daily basis, so presumably there are a lot of silent Prophet X users out there.  (Or at least, those more focused on making music than on making noise on forums like this!)

May I say that your documentation is very well done. Even thought I’m a complete noob at sampling for the PX and haven’t yet given it a go, I feel confident that I’ll be able to get it.

Thank you for letting me know you appreciate the work that went into writing it all down.  I did want PXToolkit to be accessible to as much of the audience for the instrument as possible, and both the user interface and documentation reflects that desire.  Every now and then I find a typo, or cringe at the makeshift formatting I used for the initial release, but on the whole it should be pretty accurate.  I did do some minor cleanup recently that I suspect only wound up in the Windows on ARM build, but it'll show up eventually in the other builds as well.  I just try to avoid pestering everyone with update notifications when they're not really warranted.

I'll be curious if anyone from Focusrite ever reaches out, but I suspect they're content to let Sequential be the primary contact for their community.