never ending patch

never ending patch
« on: May 28, 2016, 10:06:09 AM »
Hi I'm new to the forum, and basically a novice when it comes to synths. I recently bought a DSI Prophet 08. Great keyboard! I do have a problem with one of the patches though. One of the string patches... after I play a note(s), it goes on for ever. I've tried fixing it by tweaking the sustain and release knobs but the last notes keep going on and on. I even change patches and when I come back to it, it's still going on and on! Pushing the mod wheel all the way up lowers the sustain but you can still faintly hear it going on in the background. Can some please help, like I said I'm a newbie when it comes to synths.

Sacred Synthesis

Re: never ending patch
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 01:19:15 PM »
What bank and program number is this?  Also, If the A/B Stack button to the left of the screen is lit, then the program is using a two-layer patch.  So, when you shorten the Release time, only Layer A is being affected.  To affect both layers simultaneously, hold down the Edit Layer B button.  When it begins to flash, you're able to affect both A and B layers simultaneously whenever you turn a parameter.

Re: never ending patch
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 04:18:33 PM »
If the VCA level is not at zero the sound may continue forever.