Rev2 Sounding Kind of Thin [Problem Resolved]

LPF83

Re: Rev2 Sounding kind of thin
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2021, 06:08:30 PM »
Well, there is some awesome Postmodernism going on here, but I'm not sure whether I mean the writing, the performance as a whole (inc. posts and links), or (less likely) the linked tracks. The linked audio augments the written performance beautifully. "Bravo!" but not "Encore!"...

yes, yes...   I am well aware that there is a lot of work i need to do on my end before we go there, but now I am thinking it is broken again....

https://youtu.be/czS5kNsOIhU

I  was listening to this.  It was one of the first things I made with it.  I had a nrw computer too differrwnt from now.  A mitherboard with 6 audio capacitors...  amd 3960x processor...   I was experimenting in audacity with 768khz audio project and I blasted the mic input with audio from a mixer with the prophet rev2... 

now i still have this patch and i had the signal overdriven, but it doesnt sound like that anymore...  a lot thinner or smaller and it crinkly...

I think you're using Sequential product forums as your own personal marketing outlet for a new and yet to be considered artform, and that you have no genuine interest in solving anything or gaining understanding -- it seems more like an  attempt at a confusion generation channel for your own amusement.  Points for creativity, I will give you that, but I think there are places your efforts would be appreciated rather than ignored; you have to understand that many folks here are in search of things like information about Sequential products or understanding or at least something resembling common ground, so I hope you won't be disappointed by the net result if you try to pioneer something that nobody here is likely to latch onto.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2021, 07:29:35 PM »
Well, there is some awesome Postmodernism going on here, but I'm not sure whether I mean the writing, the performance as a whole (inc. posts and links), or (less likely) the linked tracks. The linked audio augments the written performance beautifully. "Bravo!" but not "Encore!"...

yes, yes...   I am well aware that there is a lot of work i need to do on my end before we go there, but now I am thinking it is broken again....

I  was listening to this.  It was one of the first things I made with it.  I had a nrw computer too differrwnt from now.  A mitherboard with 6 audio capacitors...  amd 3960x processor...   I was experimenting in audacity with 768khz audio project and I blasted the mic input with audio from a mixer with the prophet rev2... 

now i still have this patch and i had the signal overdriven, but it doesnt sound like that anymore...  a lot thinner or smaller and it crinkly...

I think you're using Sequential product forums as your own personal marketing outlet for a new and yet to be considered artform, and that you have no genuine interest in solving anything or gaining understanding -- it seems more like an  attempt at a confusion generation channel for your own amusement.  Points for creativity, I will give you that, but I think there are places your efforts would be appreciated rather than ignored; you have to understand that many folks here are in search of things like information about Sequential products or understanding or at least something resembling common ground, so I hope you won't be disappointed by the net result if you try to pioneer something that nobody here is likely to latch onto.

You think that it is I am doing that, but there are other forums for that purpose..  I post stuff on reddit and vintage synth exploerer...  It is not a new genre it's an old genre...   Just psychedelich music.  They didnt have 16 voice analog synthesizers in the 60's.   They had VOX organs.

Anyway if you listen closely to the sound that I uploaded today the small clips especially the last one...   There are artifacts.   Like the filter is 95 percent closed but the osc still come through a bit in background and you can here distortion.  it wasnt like that at first.   I use to live downtown and they hated me there and there were abunch of kidz living in the building.   I think they may have gone up there and plugged it into the wrong channel of one of my old amplifiers and fried something...

because after that maybe week or two weeks later I couldnt do that anymore and I had to lower the pitch of the osc.'s.

in the last soundbite there is clear artifacts and diatortion happening that is more obvious through headphones.  Im not talking about clicking from envelope lag...   but it sounds like stuff is getting through the filter that shouldnt be and the pulse sync might be messed up.  right around 26 seconds there is a clear obvious that something isn't right.

jus try'n to get evrything straight for I make a ticket y'all c

another bad sign...   is that i am trying to calibrate and it wont calibrate....
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 08:46:53 PM by ryankm »
16 voice prophet rev2, chroma polaris, minibrute, bass & guitars

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2021, 11:57:30 PM »
I’ve started using the Tri+Saw much more nowadays; it’s definitely a thicker oscillator. Try that!

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2021, 05:21:27 PM »

You think that it is I am doing that, but there are other forums for that purpose..  I post stuff on reddit and vintage synth exploerer...  It is not a new genre it's an old genre...   Just psychedelich music.  They didnt have 16 voice analog synthesizers in the 60's.   They had VOX organs.

Anyway if you listen closely to the sound that I uploaded today the small clips especially the last one...   There are artifacts.   Like the filter is 95 percent closed but the osc still come through a bit in background and you can here distortion.  it wasnt like that at first.   I use to live downtown and they hated me there and there were abunch of kidz living in the building.   I think they may have gone up there and plugged it into the wrong channel of one of my old amplifiers and fried something...

because after that maybe week or two weeks later I couldnt do that anymore and I had to lower the pitch of the osc.'s.

in the last soundbite there is clear artifacts and diatortion happening that is more obvious through headphones.  Im not talking about clicking from envelope lag...   but it sounds like stuff is getting through the filter that shouldnt be and the pulse sync might be messed up.  right around 26 seconds there is a clear obvious that something isn't right.

another bad sign...   is that i am trying to calibrate and it wont calibrate....

Do you have the 16 voice version of the Rev2? I recently installed a voice expansion card into my Rev2, but once it was installed it sounded similar to the crackling/distorting in your videos. At first it sound fine, but gradually began to sound like a few of your examples - even at low volumes with a closed filter. I contacted Sequential’s support where a very smart person walked me through reopening the synth and re-seating the voice card more securely. Your videos sound like the voice card may have been jarred loose? I don’t think you’re trolling - your Rev2 sounds quite a bit off and definitely file a ticket with support.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 05:28:33 PM by notnmyhouse »

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2021, 07:14:48 PM »

Do you have the 16 voice version of the Rev2? I recently installed a voice expansion card into my Rev2, but once it was installed it sounded similar to the crackling/distorting in your videos. At first it sound fine, but gradually began to sound like a few of your examples - even at low volumes with a closed filter. I contacted Sequential’s support where a very smart person walked me through reopening the synth and re-seating the voice card more securely. Your videos sound like the voice card may have been jarred loose? I don’t think you’re trolling - your Rev2 sounds quite a bit off and definitely file a ticket with support.

Accually I just did that.  I was through this once before and when it wouldnt calibrated it I did that and now it sounds thicker.  The filter and envelopes are much fuller now.  This problems stemmed all the way back to October...   There are kids in the building I wasbstaying at and I kniw one of them stole my wallet.  They probably heard me playing something really cool and came up when Inwas gone.  Now I was using an old amp that needed repair because I surmise they must of used the auxillary input and not the tape.  Auxillary works but sends 120v ac down the inputs and is hard on electronics.   I also use a different synth now that wasnt the midi controller that was causing problems.  I evan had to send it back to Sequential over the winter because I my self used the headphone output to the auxilarry channel and it fried a chip dealing specifically with headphone output and they accually replaced it with a new one soldered in on that tiny pcb and evrything.  That was a mistake by me.  Lots of weird stuff happening and i wasnt thinking clear.

I thought I had had that resolved....   but apperently something was wrong because I got it calibrating again and now it sounds better as I have never had it before.  Ill just realibrate it more often keep the circuits in tune more often.  This happens as you push boundaries...   Needless to say I am having an amp technician refurbish the amp and I moved out of that building in the ghetto.  I had to get rid of all my computers beacsue they were tampered with and the one I still have is toxic so I can only use it for short periods.  I have to do most of my buisness from a samsung note 10+.  Sending those recordings in wae dangerous for my health as a result of running the computer.  This one was a backup that I had laying around and not nearly has toxic as the ones I was using before.  the longer the computer runs the more radioactive it gets...  So ill let it sit for another week and get a half hour....   

and before anyone says anything,  i have a geiger counter and the longer the computer was on the more rads it put out...  Not only would it fill my lungs with sticky black toxic tar that you could not see or taste or smell, but it made me dizzy and killed all my plants.  This went on for 2 years before i knew where it came from.

All I can say is cops are dirty people are dirty...  wtf!!!

That original patch sounds much fuller now and I havent changed....   I started layering to, but evan with out the 2nd layer it sounds fuller still...

I started with that patch that I was using called synthkeys...  This is direct ins to 1/8th analog mic input from rev2 with some t8 layers in there for fun.   I ordered a new mixer too as I sold the one from before.  ill ground this one to a cold water pipe; that should help.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUwsv3szoB0E9-CkkiotO5tu0EmBf6O6S

This Prophet Rev2 has been through a lot of trauma in the last year so it is nice having it healthy and ill continue it in being healthy for a more happy life.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 08:21:13 PM by ryankm »
16 voice prophet rev2, chroma polaris, minibrute, bass & guitars

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2021, 10:08:23 AM »
This Prophet Rev2 has been through a lot of trauma in the last year so it is nice having it healthy and ill continue it in being healthy for a more happy life.

From what I've read in this sometimes confusing thread so far, I say that it's not only your REV2 that might have been through a lot of trauma? But as long as it turned out okay, that's the important thing. ;-)
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

maxter

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2021, 12:05:27 PM »
Indeed... but props to "notnmyhouse" for joining this forum to make that post, coincidentally just as you had solved your problem the same way... what a coincidoink!  :o

Good to hear anyhow! I hope a moderator can now mark this thread as "solved" and hopefully lock it too, if possible. If not, it'll hopefully fade into obscurity in any case, as there couldn't possibly be anything more to be said on topic, or hardly anything off topic either for that matter.

Either way, I, for one, am out of here!  :)
The Way the Truth and the Life