What if the OB6 had a screen?

What if the OB6 had a screen?
« on: April 15, 2021, 02:16:48 PM »
What if the OB6 had a screen? This is an app I’ve been working on. I always want to be able to filter patches by category but there are lots of other possibilities. Of course you could use a computer or a tablet but a larger device that takes your focus away from the instrument doesn’t suit every workflow. If there’s enough interest I might finish development and do a release to the App Store. Should work for Prophet 6 too. Let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=126wJCR4TM8

Re: What if the OB6 had a screen?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 04:39:28 PM »
What if the OB6 had a screen? This is an app I’ve been working on. I always want to be able to filter patches by category but there are lots of other possibilities. Of course you could use a computer or a tablet but a larger device that takes your focus away from the instrument doesn’t suit every workflow. If there’s enough interest I might finish development and do a release to the App Store. Should work for Prophet 6 too. Let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=126wJCR4TM8

This is great!

Would it be possible to add the functionality of being able to name the patch on the app so that it writes the name data (via sysex?) to the patch stored on the synth?

Could you do a P5/10 skin too?

Could this be connected via USB out on the synth to the lightning port of an iOS device using the Camera Connection Kit?

I’d totally buy this app.

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 01:00:37 AM »
This is great!

Good! Glad you're interested  :)

Would it be possible to add the functionality of being able to name the patch on the app so that it writes the name data (via sysex?) to the patch stored on the synth?

Yes that's a planned feature, and part of the mvp (minimum viable product)

Could you do a P5/10 skin too?

A Prophet 5/10 version is possible using the same principles but whether I'd roll everything into the same app, I'm not sure. The OB6 and Prophet 6 version will almost certainly be the same app as they're so similar in everything but the voicing. The Prophet 5/10 do differ however and in addition I have some planned features for the former that wouldn't necessarily make sense on the latter. But we'll see, final feature set, pricing and monetisation models etc are all to be determined!

Could this be connected via USB out on the synth to the lightning port of an iOS device using the Camera Connection Kit?

Yes that's a planned feature too

I’d totally buy this app.

Great!

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 04:05:36 AM »
I do only own the P10 (not P6/OB6).

I look forward to seeing how this develops.

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 04:18:31 AM »
If it gets the ability to rearrange patch locations on the app then that would be brilliant.

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 11:58:35 AM »
I do only own the P10 (not P6/OB6).

I look forward to seeing how this develops.

Certainly open to doing a P5/10 version. Let's see how the OB6/P6 version pans out.

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 12:00:09 PM »
If it gets the ability to rearrange patch locations on the app then that would be brilliant.

What exactly do you mean? So an easy way to go "Swap Patch 30 Bank 3 with Patch 10 Bank 4" ... ?

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2021, 12:03:02 PM »

What exactly do you mean? So an easy way to go "Swap Patch 30 Bank 3 with Patch 10 Bank 4" ... ?

Yes. Basically being able to move a patch to a new location. I guess duplicate, swap and overwrite functions would be useful.

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2021, 12:05:07 PM »

Yes. Basically being able to move a patch to a new location. I guess duplicate, swap and overwrite functions would be useful.

Yeah nice. What I DON'T want to do is to try and cram a fully fledged librarian into a small screen. A laptop or iPad is better for that. But simpler librarian functions like you suggest are workable I think.

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2021, 10:03:08 AM »
I own an OB-6 and a P6. I’d love to buy this app.

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2021, 12:46:51 PM »
I own an OB-6 and a P6. I’d love to buy this app.

Hi Rich. Great to know you're interested. I'll post an update here soon.

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2021, 04:19:21 PM »
That's a great idea! and +1 for being able to use the USB port instead of Bluetooth MIDI

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 04:24:01 PM »
... and you could even add a LFO eventually!  ;)

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2021, 11:31:26 AM »
Very nicely done and thank you for diving into this ! Indeed, via usb would be awesome.

pfrf

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2021, 09:39:11 PM »
This looks fantastic.  I would like to buy this.