Poly Unison Mode - Detune granularity

LPF83

Poly Unison Mode - Detune granularity
« on: April 13, 2021, 11:38:43 AM »
In another thread, a poster mentioned the unison detune in PU2 mode being too drastic.  I've since come to realize that I almost never find a setting of 3 or greater to be musically useful, so I wanted to cast my vote for a more subtle detune effect.

And, even if you decide not to -- thank you for adding this transformational feature in the first place!
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

Re: Poly Unison Mode - Detune granularity
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 02:33:17 PM »
I emailed support a while ago and asked if there could be either the ability for users to set the level of detune on each of the eight buttons, or for there to be some kind of detuning tables (similar to alternate scale tuning tables) that could be loaded in to users’ preferences. 

I’d suggest emailing your suggestions to support as they don’t always read everything that’s posted here.

LPF83

Re: Poly Unison Mode - Detune granularity
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 03:54:10 PM »
Fair point.  I've always felt that approach was better for getting support (help for fixing what wasn't working that was supposed to) more than feature requests, but it may not be the case here.  I guess I like floating ideas like this on the board first to see how much consensus there is.  The way support emails are converted to tickets in most CRM/call center type tech support systems tends to not take into consideration popular feature requests.  So I first was curious how many others are interested in this feature? 

I guess for those interested in the feature, posting here in addition to sending an email with the feature request might be the best plan?

Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Korg Polysix, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC