Using the pro3 to CV clock Eurorack

Using the pro3 to CV clock Eurorack
« on: April 08, 2021, 10:28:36 PM »
Greetings. I’m brand new to modular and I’ve finally started incorporating modules with my pro3. I figured out that I can send gate, note, envelopes, LFOs, mod/pitch wheels etc but I’m not sure how to send clock from the pro3.
The manual only seems to reference midi or usb clock and there are no references having anything to do with sending clock to control voltage mod sources/destinations.
I believe I could send trigs from the sequencer but that would require the sequencer playing and I would have to go in and mute every note if I didn’t want to be playing a sequence but still getting clock.
One trick could be to send a square wave LFO to a trig out. That might send a constant clock source. Would that be the best way to make it work or is there something I am missing?
OB6, PROPHET 6, REV2, PRO 3, AS-1, MOOG GRANDMOTHER, HYDRASYNTH, B2600, DIGITAKT, ANALOG RYTM, ASSORTED EURORACK

chysn

Re: Using the pro3 to CV clock Eurorack
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 10:38:40 AM »
Yeah, you're right, the square wave LFO is the best clock source in the Pro3. Assign an LFO to a CV Trig Out and turn the amount all the way up, and you're good to go.

Other fun things you can do, related to clock:

* You can assign more than one LFO to the same CV Trig Out to get interesting polyrhythmic effects
* You can assign an oscillator output to a CV Out into a module that can be clocked at audio rates (many sequencers, etc.)
* Don't forget that Osc3 can be an LFO, giving you a million ways to play with clock timing
* Use CV Outs instead of CV Trig Outs with multiple LFOs at lower amounts. For example, you might find that it takes an amount of 20 to trigger your module. So if you have two LFOs at different speeds, each at amount 15, the module won't be triggered unless BOTH LFOs are in the high part of their duty cycles, again producing some interesting rhythms.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 10:51:02 AM by chysn »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his