Sequencer [Pattern] Save?

Sequencer [Pattern] Save?
« on: April 06, 2021, 04:26:24 PM »
Hello all!

n00b here and my first post- Was wondering if its possible to save a pattern in the sequencer and recall it/use the pattern on other patches? Or does one need to redo the pattern everytime?
Pro3 OS: 1.1.2.8

Re: Sequencer [Pattern] Save?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 04:56:46 PM »
Welcome! There is no separate sequence memory like on the MatrixBrute and other synths. Each program has its own saved sequence.

If you want to re-use the same sequencer of different programs you can:

1) Use Cue Program to let the saved sequence play and cue up another program which will replace the first or
2) Save the program and the sequence then save it again to another program slot. Then create your new program sound and save it.

A third option might be possible: Copy the sequence, switch to the 2nd program and paste it. Pasting is possible within the same program but I’ve not tried it across two like that.

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 05:17:17 PM »
Thank you so much!!! Very helpful. I'll try option 3 tomorrow :)

If I may.. What do you use to organize your user presets? Im currently saving over the existing presets on Bank 1..And its starting to get messy, is there an app where I can rename/reorganize the user banks?

Welcome! There is no separate sequence memory like on the MatrixBrute and other synths. Each program has its own saved sequence.

If you want to re-use the same sequencer of different programs you can:

1) Use Cue Program to let the saved sequence play and cue up another program which will replace the first or
2) Save the program and the sequence then save it again to another program slot. Then create your new program sound and save it.

A third option might be possible: Copy the sequence, switch to the 2nd program and paste it. Pasting is possible within the same program but I’ve not tried it across two like that.

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 05:51:02 PM »
I just use the machine but SoundTower has an editor/librarian. CodeKnobs has one for many Sequential synths but it looks like there is not one for the Pro 3 yet.

chysn

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 06:29:48 PM »
Don't overlook the Seq Lock button. Push it, and the current sequence will survive program changes, where you may save it over and over.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 06:42:12 PM »
Don't overlook the Seq Lock button. Push it, and the current sequence will survive program changes, where you may save it over and over.
Oh yeah...Do that! I’ve not needed to copy sequences and forgot Seq Lock was there!

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2021, 10:24:17 AM »
THIS IS THE WAY!!!!!

Oh yeah...Do that! I’ve not needed to copy sequences and forgot Seq Lock was there!