Looking for guidance on loading Prophet 08 patches to REV2

Looking for guidance on loading Prophet 08 patches to REV2
« on: April 06, 2021, 07:46:24 AM »
So I'm aware you're able to send the factory 08 patches to the REV2, but a couple unknowns are preventing me from pulling the trigger just yet.

I could use something like Sysex Librarian, but at least some portion of all 4 of my user banks are currently being used. And I don't know where these 08 patches get sent. Is there a way to choose the destination?

Building off that: I've used the codeKnobs editor in the past to manually transfer patches. This is great because you can try out the patches, figure out which ones you like, and then send them to a specific bank on the REV2. But for some reason the editor doesn't want to load the 08 syx file – it just shows up blank.

After some googling it seems like the 08 patches need to be "converted" before the REV2 can read them, so I'm guessing that's why the codeKnobs editor is acting funky. I'm not sure if it's possible to convert that syx file to something readable, but so far that method doesn't seem to be working.

Re: Looking for guidance on loading Prophet 08 patches to REV2
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 11:46:24 AM »
no need to convert before sending it to the rev2. simply download the patches from the support page of the device and transmit...

Re: Looking for guidance on loading Prophet 08 patches to REV2
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 11:52:07 AM »
no need to convert before sending it to the rev2. simply download the patches from the support page of the device and transmit...

Yeah I guess the "and transmit" part is where I'm getting stuck.

What bank do they transmit to? Or is there a way to use the codeKnobs editor to manually choose which ones get transmitted?