Sound tower software

Djinn

Sound tower software
« on: April 03, 2021, 05:29:12 PM »
I'v been waiting for free pc interface for my rev2 to appear on the net in some form or another for quite a while and as nothing seems to be appearing I would like to ask fellow users as to the value of the standalone and vst soundtower application? Do they work well?

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
Re: Sound tower software
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 08:19:33 PM »
The UI is horrible, very skeuomorphic, there are lingering bugs which they handwave away, there is no real "manual" though there are a hodgepodge of very poorly detailed instructions, but overall the Soundtower editors work.

I find their librarian functionality acceptable but the UI makes it incredibly easy to accidentally overwrite presets on your synth and - again, due to a lack of even basic thoroughness in their instructions - it's almost impossible to understand how it's best meant to be used. I personally don't bother with it much anymore, and I generally regret I bought it, but it does make programming the gated sequencer possible, as I find the on-synth screen nearly unusable for most functions.
Prophet 6 keyboard, Rev2-16, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Nords, etc...

ddp

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 10:25:47 PM »
I don't use them either, I bought them for a while but I'm over that.  I'd rather just play my P10 than mess around with any of that.
Linnstrument, Pro 3 SE, Tempest, Prophet 10 & 12, Synclavier Regen, Cirklon 2, Torso T-1, Max/Ableton/Push 3, Kawai MP11SE, Pioneer Pro XDJ-XZ.

Djinn

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 02:44:02 AM »
For anyone interested I ending up purchasing codeknobs software. I a b compared both soundtower and codeknobs and codeknobs wins hands down. Very happy with the purchase and the developer is very helpful and friendly

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 02:33:35 PM »
For anyone interested I ending up purchasing codeknobs software. I a b compared both soundtower and codeknobs and codeknobs wins hands down. Very happy with the purchase and the developer is very helpful and friendly.

+1 here.