Headphones output is not working

Headphones output is not working
« on: April 02, 2021, 03:05:19 AM »
Hi there,

I am experiencing an issue with the headphones output in my REV2 and I am wondering if this happened to any of you?

I bought the synth brand new and connected the main output to my Scarlet 18i20 right away. After a couple of days I wanted to use REV2 on its own, so I connected headphones to the output and discovered that only left headphone is working. When the jack is not fully in the output the right headphone is working but never two at the same time. I have several different headphones, all tested so that’s definitely not a problem with that.

On first day, I accidentally used the headphone output thinking that this is on of the main outputs, but I realised immediately and change jack to main output.

I don’t think that this could mess up the headphone output, do you?

Is there anything that I could try do to or there is a manufacturing problem?

Please, let me know if you have any idea what could happen and how to fix it.

Many thanks,
Slawek 

Re: Headphones output is not working
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 10:34:53 AM »
This sounds like an issue for which you want to return your rev2 to the dealer. Accidentally plugging in the interface jack in the headphone output should give no problem whatsoever.

By the way, if they are going to service your rev2, you might want to ask the technician to rewire the headphone out so that left is left and right is right. On my, and I believe all rev2's, DSI made the ridiculous mistake to wire left to right and right to left in the headphone out.

Testing seems not to be the highest priority as DSI/Sequential.

Mauro

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 02:43:18 PM »
You have to connect your headphone to the headphone output, not the main output. The audio outputs are unbalanced outputs and that means that when you insert your headphones jack it send signal only to a channel of the phones.

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 03:40:07 PM »
Mauro, obviously I did that and repeated many times, I am not such a noob but thanks for letting me know.

I think that Skipgilles is right here, there must have done something wrong with my piece. To me, it looks like they used the wrong output for the headphone output and it behaves like main audio output.

Thanks again for your help. I was pretty sure that there is no solution to that but I just wanted to check that with someone.