The Rev 4 has an arpeggiator after all.

S_A_P

The Rev 4 has an arpeggiator after all.
« on: March 30, 2021, 06:17:54 PM »
Found a cool side effect to the Vintage knob today while testing white noise and the filter tracking. Set your Prophets up like this:
OSC 1&2 set to 0 in the mixer.
No Polymod or LFO required
Noise set to 10 or just being the only active source
Envelope amount to 0 on the filter.
Amplifier envelope to slightly percussive settings
Any filter rev, but I think 1/2 sounds best.
Cutoff between 1 and 2 Resonance at 10
Keyboard tracking at Full
Set the vintage knob to rev 1

Now youre ready. Hit the same note repeatedly. You will hear a 5 note arpeggio as the rev 1 filter tracks so badly. I will say it surprised me that at least for the filter the 'randomness' is a pattern, but Im glad it is and think its cool!

Re: The Rev 4 has an arpeggiator after all.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 06:43:32 PM »
Found a cool side effect to the Vintage knob today while testing white noise and the filter tracking. Set your Prophets up like this:
OSC 1&2 set to 0 in the mixer.
No Polymod or LFO required
Noise set to 10 or just being the only active source
Envelope amount to 0 on the filter.
Amplifier envelope to slightly percussive settings
Any filter rev, but I think 1/2 sounds best.
Cutoff between 1 and 2 Resonance at 10
Keyboard tracking at Full
Set the vintage knob to rev 1

Now youre ready. Hit the same note repeatedly. You will hear a 5 note arpeggio as the rev 1 filter tracks so badly. I will say it surprised me that at least for the filter the 'randomness' is a pattern, but Im glad it is and think its cool!

Can you provide an audio example? I'm not getting any obvious variation with those settings...

S_A_P

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 07:57:51 PM »
Make sure Unison is off! Here is a link to an audio example

https://soundcloud.com/stupidamericanpig/filter-arpeggio

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 08:32:03 PM »
Curious. I'm still not getting anything like that on my 5. Maybe it's an exclusive trick of the P10 - or you're warming us up for your big April Fool's Easter egg act!

S_A_P

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 11:07:02 AM »
haha, no wind up/april fools joke here and I could duplicate it this morning so if its unique to mine it sticks.

basically Im using the filter oscilation as the 'oscillator' you dont need to have any sounds go through the mixer(osc A, B or noise)

Try to set your prophet like this- If you hit the same key over and over again you get a different note with each keypress. It is repeatable and in sequence like an arpeggiator.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 11:08:35 AM by S_A_P »

LPF83

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 03:03:13 PM »
haha, no wind up/april fools joke here and I could duplicate it this morning so if its unique to mine it sticks.

basically Im using the filter oscilation as the 'oscillator' you dont need to have any sounds go through the mixer(osc A, B or noise)

Try to set your prophet like this- If you hit the same key over and over again you get a different note with each keypress. It is repeatable and in sequence like an arpeggiator.

Voice allocation would need to be in "RR" mode rather than "P5" (the default) then?
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

S_A_P

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 04:12:56 PM »

Voice allocation would need to be in "RR" mode rather than "P5" (the default) then?

Thats probably what it is...