SOLVED: Arp Relatch not working

SOLVED: Arp Relatch not working
« on: March 29, 2021, 01:17:06 PM »
Arp relatch worked as expected before update to latest firmware. Now it just adds notes to arp sequence no matter if set on or off. Am I missing something? I have tried reinstalling firmware and turning unit off and on. This behavior is exhibited on all patches including init patch.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 03:31:51 PM by cbmd »
Sequential Pro-3
Dave Smith Prophet REV2
Yamaha MODX6
Behringer DeepMind12D
Behringer Odyssey
Moog Mother32
Moog DFAM
Behringer K2
Behringer Model D
Kurzweil K2500RS
Arturia MiniBrute 2S
Behringer Pro~1
Behringer Neutron
Various Eurorack
WAY too many VSTs :)

chysn

Re: Arp Relatch not working
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 05:36:10 PM »
I was unaware of the existence of Arp Relatch. So I read the manual entry about it a bunch of times, and I still don't understand what it's supposed to do. But there's no obvious difference under the new OS whether it's on or off.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 05:52:52 PM »
I use this extensively in my jam sessions. Basically I activate hold, and press a chord to arpeggiate. When I need a new chord, I just reach up and strike it and the arpeggiator switches all notes to new chord. After the latest updates, (I think it happened after the 1.1.2.5 update) when I strike a new chord, the notes are added to the arpeggiation and not replacing them as before. I received a reply from Carson within a couple of hours (amazing job, thank you support team) that it is indeed a bug and they added it to their list to address in the next update. Until then, I will find a workaround with software arpeggiation. This is still my favorite mono synth and I commend Dave Smith and all who worked on giving us such an amazing piece of hardware.

I was unaware of the existence of Arp Relatch. So I read the manual entry about it a bunch of times, and I still don't understand what it's supposed to do. But there's no obvious difference under the new OS whether it's on or off.
Sequential Pro-3
Dave Smith Prophet REV2
Yamaha MODX6
Behringer DeepMind12D
Behringer Odyssey
Moog Mother32
Moog DFAM
Behringer K2
Behringer Model D
Kurzweil K2500RS
Arturia MiniBrute 2S
Behringer Pro~1
Behringer Neutron
Various Eurorack

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 06:15:00 PM »
So I wouldn't say this is solved, but Sequential is aware and will fix it in the next update. Thank you Sequential.
Sequential Pro-3
Dave Smith Prophet REV2
Yamaha MODX6
Behringer DeepMind12D
Behringer Odyssey
Moog Mother32
Moog DFAM
Behringer K2
Behringer Model D
Kurzweil K2500RS
Arturia MiniBrute 2S
Behringer Pro~1
Behringer Neutron
Various Eurorack

chysn

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 06:24:58 PM »
This is still my favorite mono synth and I commend Dave Smith and all who worked on giving us such an amazing piece of hardware.

I’ve had a lot of synths in my 50 years, and the Pro 3 is my favorite. It can do anything.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

cbmd

• Sequential
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 03:30:50 PM »
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim