OB-6 controlling a grand pipe organ? Epic performance

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
OB-6 controlling a grand pipe organ? Epic performance
« on: March 28, 2021, 11:48:51 AM »
Ehsan Gelsi - Ephemera an amazing live performance in Melbourne - synthesizers and grand pipe organs my favorite instruments together.

https://youtu.be/s4O2urTOSIM
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

Re: OB-6 controlling a grand pipe organ? Epic performance
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 01:31:51 AM »
nice !
PT10/12HD, Logic X, Digital Performer, Vienna Ensemble Pro
cMP 5,1 Catalina; MacBook Pro

jok3r

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 01:10:38 PM »
I watched this yesterday, too. Really great stuff... as always from Ehsan. He's one of my favorite artists on Youtube.
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 05:23:38 PM »
Wow!!! That is fantastic. I love it! The intensity is just incredible. Has anyone listened to the purchased band camp download? I am thinking about getting it, but I listened to what I think was the official album on the bandcamp site (the two links on the album page), and it seemed like it was not a mix from this concert. It sounded quite polished, and to be honest, a bit boring. I love the pounding drums and raw sound of the video.

Gerry Havinga

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 11:56:17 PM »
Wow!!! That is fantastic. I love it! The intensity is just incredible. Has anyone listened to the purchased band camp download? I am thinking about getting it, but I listened to what I think was the official album on the bandcamp site (the two links on the album page), and it seemed like it was not a mix from this concert. It sounded quite polished, and to be honest, a bit boring. I love the pounding drums and raw sound of the video.
I purchased the Bandcamp album and downloaded in FLAC format. It does sound a lot more polished, but with the big organ and volume cranked up, I still find it amazing and very inspiring (several goose bump moments even after listening several times over the speakers). Given the amount of preparation and work this must have taken Ehsan, he more than deserves a few extra downloads from Bandcamp  ;).

I better get some more pipe organ samples loaded into the P X  :)

jok3r

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2021, 06:21:23 AM »
After listening to this work the forth or fifth time now, I must say there's only one little thing that I find a little bit disappointing: I was hoping for more organ action somehow. When I saw the teaser video some weeks ago, I was hoping that Ehsan would turn out as a fine organist, too. I didn't think that sequence the organ "is all he does". I put the last words in "" because, sequencing a pipe organ is cool as ****. I wish our pipe organ in town had this functionality, too. Unfortunately, it is about 150 years old and the only electrified thing is the bellows so at least nobody has to pump by hand  ;D On the other hand "historic" instruments are a class of their own... wouldn't change it for another one.

I'm thinking of such an organ / synth project myself for quite some time, now. When I see Ben Crook in Ehsans Video (and all others of his videos in which they are collaborating) I should consider integrating a drummer, too.
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

Gerry Havinga

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2021, 12:51:27 PM »
After listening to this work the forth or fifth time now, I must say there's only one little thing that I find a little bit disappointing: I was hoping for more organ action somehow. When I saw the teaser video some weeks ago, I was hoping that Ehsan would turn out as a fine organist, too. I didn't think that sequence the organ "is all he does". I put the last words in "" because, sequencing a pipe organ is cool as ****. I wish our pipe organ in town had this functionality, too. Unfortunately, it is about 150 years old and the only electrified thing is the bellows so at least nobody has to pump by hand  ;D On the other hand "historic" instruments are a class of their own... wouldn't change it for another one.

I'm thinking of such an organ / synth project myself for quite some time, now. When I see Ben Crook in Ehsans Video (and all others of his videos in which they are collaborating) I should consider integrating a drummer, too.
Spitfire does have a very nice church organ (Union Chapel) sample library. I did add some church organ samples to my Prophet X but haven't done much with that myself. What Ehsan does is very inspiring. I'd like to pursue this further, if time allows me, the P X does sound epic with a bit of reverb  :)