How do I update the firmware!?

How do I update the firmware!?
« on: March 27, 2021, 10:31:21 AM »
I'm crazy. I updated to 1.5.0 a few weeks ago and now I can't figure out how to do it again. The manual does not explain nor does the moderators recent post on this forum. I've got the "Sysex librarian" app and the new 1.5.2 sysex ready to go. I just need the button combinations or menu location on the Prophet.

thanks!

Re: How do I update the firmware!?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 10:41:05 AM »
I'm crazy. I updated to 1.5.0 a few weeks ago and now I can't figure out how to do it again. The manual does not explain nor does the moderators recent post on this forum. I've got the "Sysex librarian" app and the new 1.5.2 sysex ready to go. I just need the button combinations or menu location on the Prophet.

thanks!

I did it just last night, using the Prophet 6 update guide. I think the only difference is that instead of pressing the "8" button, you'd press "6" to access MIDI sysex on the P5. Otherwise, this worked for me. My firmware still indicated the previous OS after I'd run the update, but when I switched the P5 off and on again, the new OS was waiting.

https://www.sequential.com/updating-the-prophet-6-os/?referer=davesmithinstruments.com 

CPN37

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 10:44:00 AM »
Just connect the Prophet to your computer via MIDI USB cable, in Globals make sure you have MIDI SysEx set to USB, press Globals twice to come out of it again, then load the firmware file into the SysEx Librarian, set its Destination to Prophet from the dropdown menu, and making sure you have the 1.5.2 file selected press Play, and follow the rest of the instructions in the moderators post.
Sequential Prophet 5 Rev4, Sequential Circuits Pro One, Sequential Prophet Rev2-8, Minimoog, ARP Pro Soloist, Roland Jupiter 4, Roland Juno 60

nickcarlisle.bandcamp.com

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 11:16:23 AM »
Just connect the Prophet to your computer via MIDI USB cable, in Globals make sure you have MIDI SysEx set to USB, press Globals twice to come out of it again, then load the firmware file into the SysEx Librarian, set its Destination to Prophet from the dropdown menu, and making sure you have the 1.5.2 file selected press Play, and follow the rest of the instructions in the moderators post.

Thank you! I had done all of the above. I simply didn't realize I had to come back out of the Globals menu to send the update. I was trying to send it while in Globals and it wasn't working.

Blake

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 08:43:25 AM »

Thank you! I had done all of the above. I simply didn't realize I had to come back out of the Globals menu to send the update. I was trying to send it while in Globals and it wasn't working.

Blake

hi there, i'had same question :) here i drag and drop the complete procedure from DSI tech support:

The Prophet-5/Prophet-10 operating system is updated via MIDI. You will need a DAW, MIDI utility, or other application capable of opening and sending MIDI System Exclusive (SysEx) messages. MIDI-OX (Windows) and SysEx Librarian (Mac OS) are shareware MIDI utilities that can reliably be used to update our instruments. You will also need either a USB cable (Type A to Type B connectors, like a typical USB printer cable) or a MIDI interface to transmit the SysEx file from your computer to the P5/P10.

To prepare the P5/P10 to receive system exclusive messages:

Press the Globals button once to enter the top row of the Global menu.
Press program button #6, which is labeled “MIDI SysEx.” Use the Inc+/Dec- buttons to change the MIDI SysEx cable to select either MIDI DIN or USB. If you’re using USB to update the OS, choose “USB.” If you’re using a MIDI interface, choose “nid”, meaning MIDI.
Press the Globals button twice to exit.
To load and update the OS on a MAC:

Run SysEx Librarian.
Choose your MIDI interface from the “Destination” menu.
Click Add/+ to add the file to the file list or simply drag and drop the file on the open SysEx Librarian window. The file name appears in the file list and should be highlighted.
Click Play. The P5/P10 displays a countdown indicating the progress of the SysEx file’s transfer. When the file transfer completes, a second, shorter countdown will start as the OS is written to memory. DO NOT power down.
Once the update completes, power cycle the synth.
To load and update the OS on a PC:

Run MIDI-OX.
From the Options menu, choose “Configure Buffers.”
Set the Low Level Output Buffers “Num” and “Size” to 1024.
Click OK to close the window and save the settings.
From the Options menu, choose “MIDI Devices.”
In the lower left quadrant of the window, select the MIDI port to which the instrument is connected. If connected via USB, choose “Prophet-5/10” (or “USB Audio Device” under Windows XP). If connected via MIDI, choose the MIDI interface. The selected MIDI port appears in the Port Mappings window.
Click OK to close the window and save the settings.
From the View menu, choose “SysEx.”
From the Command Window menu, choose “Load File.” Browse to and open the P5 OS update file.
From the Command Window menu, choose “Send SysEx.” The P5/P10 displays a countdown indicating the progress of the SysEx file’s transfer. When the file transfer completes, a second, shorter countdown will start as the OS is written to memory. DO NOT power down.
Restart the unit once the update is complete.
// Moog One 16v - Prophet 5 Rev 4-  DSI P08 Rev2 16v - Moog Grandmother - Korg Mono Poly - Roland Jx3p - Moog Mother 32 - Korg Minilogue - Arturia Minibrute //