Changing program stops sequencer?

Changing program stops sequencer?
« on: March 26, 2021, 08:16:47 PM »
Hi all,

Very happy new owner of a P3 to go alongside my desert island P6.

Only unfortunate thing about it so far is that it behaves differently than the P6, in that when I change the program while the sequencer is playing, it stops the sequencer. This does not happen in my Prophet 6. This issue is most cumbersome due to also happening when receiving program change from my Polyend Tracker. Effectively it makes me unable to use program change messages, since as soon as I hit play on my Tracker, the program does change but the sequencer is silent and not even pressing play makes it run.

Is there a workaround for this?

Best regards

Re: Changing program stops sequencer?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 04:48:25 PM »
Cue Program

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 09:40:58 AM »
Cue Program
Thanks!

Although that needs to be held down, which is not practical. Unless I misunderstood your suggestion...

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 10:27:36 AM »
Cue Program
Thanks!

Although that needs to be held down, which is not practical. Unless I misunderstood your suggestion...
Yeah it has to be done manually. No CC values to switch programs via Cue Program that I know of.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 10:46:01 AM by guyaguy »

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 10:52:29 AM »
Another option you can try is using gated seq mode and sending a note with the program change.

For example save your patches with the gated sequence in P1 and P2. Let’s say the the whole song is in C. In your external sequencer send a C1 and program change for P1 to start the sequence on P1. To start the sequence on P2 send C1 and program change for P2. This will restart the sequence but will allow you to switch programs.