PLS HELP: Prophet 6 Left/Right Output Volume Not Equal

PLS HELP: Prophet 6 Left/Right Output Volume Not Equal
« on: March 20, 2021, 09:28:07 PM »
Hello All, first post here :D

I've got all stereo effects/pan spread, etc. off on my P6, however, my Left out is coming in about 1.5db louder than my Right out.

What would be the reason for this? Is there a way to calibrate it? THXXX

Jonny T

Re: PLS HELP: Prophet 6 Left/Right Output Volume Not Equal
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 02:16:30 AM »
Always the first check is to swap the output cables round at the synth end, is it still hotter on the same channel?

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 02:24:43 PM »
Always the first check is to swap the output cables round at the synth end, is it still hotter on the same channel?

Hey Bob, good call.. however, when I swap the cables, the left channel (now the right channel on my interface) is still hotter. Also tried switching cables with a different synth and same story. Other thoughts?

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 02:02:26 AM »

Hey Bob, good call.. however, when I swap the cables, the left channel (now the right channel on my interface) is still hotter. Also tried switching cables with a different synth and same story. Other thoughts?

Sorry to ask the obvious, are settings for each channel set the same on the interface? And same question for the DAW (if you’re using one)?

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 11:19:10 AM »
Have you checked the headphone output as well?
Prophet X. Prophet 12 Module. Prophet 6 Module. Ob-6 Module. Trigon-6 Module. Eventide H9000R (x2). Tegeler Audio Schwerkraftmaschine / Raumzeitmaschine / Creme RC (x3). Bettermaker Mastering Limiter, Mastering EQ, Mastering Compressor. Avid S3.
Mac Studio. Logic.