Brand new Rev2 misaligned keys.

Brand new Rev2 misaligned keys.
« on: March 19, 2021, 03:51:37 PM »
Pretty bummed!
 I just opened a brand new out of the box Rev2 and found 2 of the white keys are 1/4” taller then the rest when looked at from the front of keys. 
Has anyone seen this before and is there an easy home fix?
The keys play fine and so does the after touch but it’s unsightly.

Re: Brand new Rev2 misaligned keys.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2021, 11:56:36 AM »

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 12:01:45 PM »
That won't have passed QC - probably got damaged by the vendor and sold off as new. Return it for a replacement.
Prophet 6 keyboard, Rev2-16, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Nords, etc...

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2021, 12:14:08 PM »
Im not so sure. It arrived factory sealed with no sign of the box ever being opened and the box was in perfect shape. No shipping damage visible. I had to cut the factory tape to open it.
 Id hate to send it back if its easy to fix as Im excited to have it.  I was hoping there is an adjustment screw to adjust travel for the keys?
The keys play fine and so does the aftertouch. The 2 keys just seem to have to much travel. I also noticed these 2 keys seem to rebound faster then the others. feels like they are missing maybe some kind of rubber bumper that would also limit travel?
 Anyway, vendor said send it back for a replacement but I want to hear from Sequential first if its an easy home fix.

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 08:20:33 AM »
Update,
 Customer service has been excellent. They walked me thru the process of trouble shooting the issue and we found 2 defective keys. It a very simple process to replace keys. Im being sent 2 new keys under warranty.
 Couldn't be happier with the excellent customer service and the rev2!

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 08:33:24 AM »
That's excellent news.  Anybody remember the days when even a minor synthesizer repair meant leaving your instrument at an electronics shop for two to four weeks?  I love the fact that these repears can now be done simply with a little at-home assistance.