Case Recommendations: Hard? Soft? Custom?

Case Recommendations: Hard? Soft? Custom?
« on: March 19, 2021, 02:48:02 PM »
Hello!

I'm looking for a soft and a hard case for my P10 (one for trips from home to the studio, one for some light touring). I'd love to hear what cases folks are using and if they're happy with them.

Also, maybe if enough people are interested, we could ask Sequential to have custom cases offered, something akin to the custom soft and hard molded ATA cases made for the Moog Voyager.

Then there's always going custom. For the prices of some cases I've seen, custom pricing isn't that much more and the synth would fit perfectly.

Thanks!

Re: Case Recommendations: Hard? Soft? Custom?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 03:56:05 PM »
If I ever get out of my studio again  :-\   .....  I´ll put my P-10 Rev4
in my old P-5 Rev2´s original Anvil hard case ...
Heavy as an anvil but real sturdy safe for an expensive piece of
new vintage mojo machinery  8)
I would never ever put it in a "soft case"   :o

Cheers !
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 03:57:54 PM by HockeBocke »
1976 MiniKORG700s // 1979 Prophet-5 rev.2 // 1981 KORG CX-3 // 1984 DX7 // 2020 Prophet-10 rev.4 // MoPho Box // 2 Creamware MiniMax // Creamware Pro-12 // 2 EMU-Proteus 2000 // EMU-Vintage Keys  // Casio VZ-10M // Roland VK-8M // Fatar SL 880 // Roland JUPITER-X

Qwave

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2021, 03:54:40 AM »
I bought a professional built hardcase for my Prophet-10 Rev4 for transports to jam sessions and little concerts. I have a small car, so I have to staple synths in the back. Hardcases are the only option for me for a synth like this.
keep on turning these knobs

Kja

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 11:04:28 AM »
The new skb cases are amazing and worth the $300.. They are light considering they are indestructible, have wheels, and are very customizable with tons of different padding to get a custom fit.. Plus water proof!! I have the 49 key one for my prophet 6 but I'm sure they have a 61 key one too. Maybe go to sweetwater or sequential site and see what they recommend?

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 12:12:51 PM »
The new skb cases are amazing and worth the $300.. They are light considering they are indestructible, have wheels, and are very customizable with tons of different padding to get a custom fit.. Plus water proof!! I have the 49 key one for my prophet 6 but I'm sure they have a 61 key one too. Maybe go to sweetwater or sequential site and see what they recommend?

Sound very interesting. Is this a custom SKB case?
I've only found this one:
http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=&id=98&offset=&c=76&s=76

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2021, 05:14:28 PM »
Has anyone actually tried fitting a P5r4 into one of the SKB iSeries 61-note cases? The height listed seems to be a touch smaller than the height of the P5 keyboard, but I have no idea if there is any wiggle room, or not.