Prophet knobs not responding after update

Prophet knobs not responding after update
« on: March 18, 2021, 09:04:59 AM »
Hi guys.

Is there a way to completely reset the Prophet 6 to factory default beyond downloading patches over Sysex?

I updated the Prophet desktop to 1.6.7 via SysEx Librarian, and now the Prophet doesn't work properly.
It responds to MIDI data but every patch is an eerie dissonance which cannot be altered, none of the knobs work, and all the sequences have been wiped. It's totally useless (unless I want horror sirens).

I've already tried loading the factory presets again via SysEx Librarian, and although it completes properly there is no change.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Abu

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
Re: Prophet knobs not responding after update
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 11:11:08 AM »
Did you reset your globals as suggested in the update notes?
Prophet 6 keyboard, Rev2-16, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Nords, etc...

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 01:49:44 PM »
Did you reset your globals as suggested in the update notes?

No. I didn't see that in the notes. And it was indeed the solution to the problem. All working.
Thanks a lot.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 07:40:32 AM »
If you were using the new vintage knob before updating, don’t forget to re-enable it. The global reset will flip it back to slop. That one got me for a bit ... couldn’t understand why my voices sounded so out of tune. :)

Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.