Oscillator pulse out

Oscillator pulse out
« on: March 16, 2021, 04:21:25 AM »
Hi all, i've posted over on Gearslutz about an issue i've had with my Rev4, no-one else has found the issue up to now though.
I wondered if some of you new owners could check yours.

If i select pulse on oscA and set it to anywhere after 8 one voice is different and drops really quiet and as the PW pot reaches 10 it gets worse. All modulation is turned off as well as the vintage pot on 4.

Sequential support have helped me try different firmware but the issue persists and now i have to send it off for repair.
Depending on how you look at it, it seems a minor fault, but irritating all the same.
I've attached an mp3 of a chromatic sequence, in the second half i move the pot from 9 back to 8.

Re: Oscillator pulse out
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 01:46:05 PM »
Hi,

I've just checked on my P10. I can hear i have some very slight differences in pulse width on each voice but i have no real volume drop, just a slight fluctuation. It sounds like your Prophet is going just a bit too far on one voice and the width is too much narrow so the volume is going lower than the other voices.

If it can help to compare, i have attached some audio from my P10 with PW setting to the max.
First 10 notes are VCO1, the last 10 notes are VCO2.
i can hear that VCO1 can go a bit further in the PW than VCo2on some voices but nothing too bad.
These are VCO's  8)

My unit was warm, i did a tune juste before the recording and i'm running 1.5 Beta.

Hope that help !

LPF83

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 04:58:29 PM »
Hi all, i've posted over on Gearslutz about an issue i've had with my Rev4, no-one else has found the issue up to now though.
I wondered if some of you new owners could check yours.

If i select pulse on oscA and set it to anywhere after 8 one voice is different and drops really quiet and as the PW pot reaches 10 it gets worse. All modulation is turned off as well as the vintage pot on 4.

Sequential support have helped me try different firmware but the issue persists and now i have to send it off for repair.
Depending on how you look at it, it seems a minor fault, but irritating all the same.
I've attached an mp3 of a chromatic sequence, in the second half i move the pot from 9 back to 8.

Just tested mine and it doesn't exhibit the issue.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 03:09:19 AM »
Thank's for checking, yes mine is a bit extreme and it stands out bad on that voice if you apply modulation to the pulse.
I remember reading something a while back where people had a similar issue with their DSI Rev2's and the triangle and pulse waves.
It's boxed up and ready to go back to the store to be fixed.

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 03:11:57 AM »
Hi,

I've just checked on my P10. I can hear i have some very slight differences in pulse width on each voice but i have no real volume drop, just a slight fluctuation. It sounds like your Prophet is going just a bit too far on one voice and the width is too much narrow so the volume is going lower than the other voices.

If it can help to compare, i have attached some audio from my P10 with PW setting to the max.
First 10 notes are VCO1, the last 10 notes are VCO2.
i can hear that VCO1 can go a bit further in the PW than VCo2on some voices but nothing too bad.
These are VCO's  8)

My unit was warm, i did a tune juste before the recording and i'm running 1.5 Beta.

Hope that help !
Thank's for that, yes it's quite subtle on your unit. I could live with that.