Noise inside my new Pro 3

Noise inside my new Pro 3
« on: March 15, 2021, 11:32:45 AM »
I just opened my new Pro 3 and noticed a kind of rattling noise inside the synth, when taking it out of the box.  It's on the right size of the synth and it almost sounds like a PCB that is loose or a ribbon cable that is brushing up against something.  I haven't been through the entire synth yet but it appears to be in working order.  I'm just concerned that the sound could be a manufacturing or shipping issue that may become a problem later.  Does anyone else's Pro 3 do this?

EDIT: Spoke with a rep at Perfect Circuit and they could not duplicate the rattling noise on their demo model so I processed a return with them. Now the long wait for my replacement...  :-\
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 12:15:50 PM by hiddenmotive »

Re: Noise inside my new Pro 3
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 12:24:47 PM »
Probably the little plasticky cardboard thing that covers the transformer. It’s just barely connected with adhesive and can come off easily.

I’d contact support, they’ll probably tell you to open it and stick it back on, and you’ll save everyone the time, money, and hassle of a return!

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 12:27:05 PM »
Thank you!  I have a message into Sequential, just waiting for a call back. That is reassuring since shipping from the East Coast to Perfect Circuit is quite the wait.

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 12:45:06 PM »
Thank you!  I have a message into Sequential, just waiting for a call back. That is reassuring since shipping from the East Coast to Perfect Circuit is quite the wait.
Hope that’s all it is.

Honestly it’s a design flaw. It can come loose just by a mild bump or probably carrying it around. I’d probably find a better way of keeping it in place if I were gigging with it.

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 01:54:25 PM »
The problem was exactly what you suggested. A couple inches of some double-sided tape and all is good. Thanks

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 02:02:36 PM »
Glad to hear you’re not hearing it anymore!  :)