oscillators out of tune and wont calibrate

oscillators out of tune and wont calibrate
« on: March 14, 2021, 07:39:34 AM »
hi all, my oscillators are out of tune and wont calibrate.

i have an init patch with no modulations. i have wave reset switched on all oscillators and no slop at all.

any combination of oscillators gives me phasing.

i have calibrated them many times, with different room tempratures, i also read an old post that suggested to calibrate the wheels but nothing works.

any suggestions please?

many, thanks

Re: oscillators out of tune and wont calibrate
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 11:02:01 AM »
Probably just need to contact support.

VCOs will have some phasing unless they are synced due to the different wave cycles, but they should at least be in tune.

Re: oscillators out of tune and wont calibrate
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 12:25:09 PM »
hi all, my oscillators are out of tune and wont calibrate.

i have an init patch with no modulations. i have wave reset switched on all oscillators and no slop at all.

any combination of oscillators gives me phasing.

i have calibrated them many times, with different room tempratures, i also read an old post that suggested to calibrate the wheels but nothing works.

any suggestions please?

many, thanks

If you have a tuner available, or DAW tuner, probably good to isolate each oscillator independently with Osc Mix, and see which oscillator(s) are the offending ones, or if it's all three...  note how many cents sharp/flat each oscillator is... and perhaps check over a couple octaves, to see if its related to scaling/intonation.    That might just help to track down where the issue is exactly.   It's to be expected that VCOs will be +/-3 cents maybe from nominal, but if its more than that, your board might have a hardware issue. 

OB-X8, Pro 3, P6, Rev2, Take 5, 3rd Wave, Deepmind, PolyBrute, Sub 37
Sound Sets:
https://sounddesign.sellfy.store/
Free Patches:
https://www.PresetPatch.com/user/CreativeSpiral