The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

Issue: Prophet XL stuck at boot screen (bar full)

Issue: Prophet XL stuck at boot screen (bar full)
« on: March 07, 2021, 05:39:03 PM »
Hello,

I thought I'd post this issue here, in case some of you have any suggestions for me regarding this issue. I also filed a ticket with support.

The title says it all. For more context, I use my XL as the master keyboard in my studio. Out goes to my Akai MPC 2000 XL, which is my main sequencer. I have MPC out go to the XL to sequence it, and then daisy chain more gear via the XL's THRU (Oberheim Xpander, Tempest, and others)

Everything was working fine, but today the XL is stuck at the full loading bar state... I think I've seen this happen in the recent past, but turning it off and on again fixed the issue (not anymore, evidently).

Just in case, I also tried to boot it with nothing connected to it.

Thanks in advance for your input.

PS: I have not updated the OS in at least a year. Not sure if that makes any difference.

Re: Issue: Prophet XL stuck at boot screen (bar full)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 12:04:36 PM »
Update

Brian from Support gave me some instructions to solve my issue. In case it helps anyone: plug a USB keyboard to the Sample Import port, power the X / XL, when progress hits 75% press F1 multiple times. Reboot.

In some cases, the above helped boot my XL successfully. In others, the issue remained.

Brian also sent me an OS update, which I installed.
Now it seems that my issue is resolved.

Thank you Brian and Sequential  :)

J_P_P

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 03:05:35 PM »
Were you using the Official FW or the latest Beta release ?

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2021, 04:55:04 PM »
I had not updated the OS in about a year. I got the XL in Jan 2020, and I think I updated to whatever OS was on the website at the time, and left it. The version Brian just sent me is PxUpdate_V2.2.0.0.5.bin

J_P_P

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 08:36:41 AM »
That is the new Beta. i think.